Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
We are seeking a strategic and tactically driven Inside Sales Team Manager to build and lead a high-performance, local Inside sales team. The Sales Leader will direct activity to meet and exceed revenue goals and objectives and manage a team of Inside sales reps.
In this role you will:
- Provide overall leadership and guidance for the sales effort including day-to-day management of the team.
- Responsible for the implementation of sales strategies and department procedures.
- Prepare and manage revenue and expense budgets to achieve targets.
- Improve quality and reduce defects with a plan of continuous quality improvement.
- Responsible for the ongoing improvement of products, services, ad content and layout.
- Establish promotional and sales efforts for growing advertising revenues and increasing market share.
- Identify regional competitive threats and create promotional packages to overcome competition.
- Develop and maintain effective client relationships with advertisers.
- Provide coaching and feedback for sales staff to support talent development and ensure they meet sales goals, control expenses and achieve departmental budget.
- Participate in sales calls with sales staff to ensure that sales reps are properly executing training knowledge and meeting the customer’s needs.
- Review and refines with his team on a quarterly basis in order to make adjustments and assess progress of the team.
- Has a deep understanding of the market, customers, prospects, market share, spending shifts and key trends.
Here's what you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Business, Marketing, Public Relations or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years Sales Leadership experience. Digital advertising sales preferred.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills are required. Must have strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-pressure, ever-evolving environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills are mandatory
- A track-record of innovation and initiative
- Proven record of successfully leading in a goal-oriented, highly accountable Sales team in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to build and manage a B2B sales organization.