The position is responsible for, but not limited to, evaluating bid opportunities, ensuring that we know everything required to successfully bid and win the project. Aggressively following up with customers to ensure that bids are received. Also, working with the Sales Manager and Regional Managers and representatives to follow-up on bids and budgets to close the business.
Education, Certifications, Licenses & Registrations:
Bachelor’s degreepreferred or combination of education and minimum of four (4) years of experience in manufacturing sales.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
Knowledge of hot dip galvanizing, steel fabrication or other custom metal coating operations is preferred. Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. Ability to read, comprehend and interpret engineering specifications, electrical and mechanical and how they relate to our products and capabilities. Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks effectively while maintaining a consistent flow of timely, accurate, professional and competitive quotations.
- Confers with customers by telephone or in person at the plant to provide information about their order, takes orders and /or obtains details of complaints.
- Maintains log, status, and control over customer RFQ’s and quotations.
- Assists Sales Manager in developing quotations and sales strategies.
- Makes calls to customers and potential customers to introduce new products and services.
- Works with customers in answering questions on quotations.
- Assists Sales Manager and Sales Engineers in closing orders as required.
- Contacts customers when orders are completed
- Other functions or assignments as may be assigned from time to time.