Proactively manage an inside sales territory in the industrial/commercial channel. Territories are well-established but will involve prospecting, meeting sales objectives, and strategic planning in a creative and cost-effective manner.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Manage Customer Base
- Generate sales to existing customer base in excess of specified corporate quota.
- Manage profitability of accounts with emphasis on maintaining and growing margin.
- Implement marketing initiatives with customers in an effort to retain and build their business.
- Be prepared to work outside of normal business hours as necessary.
Prospecting New Business
- Contact potential customers using leads and prospect lists provided from various sources to generate sales of company products in the defined territory.
- Convey product features and benefits, price quotes, sale terms and delivery schedules.
- Achievement of quota established in the annual Sales Incentive Program with focus on sales and profitability.
- Routinely make 55 outbound sales calls daily, record 85 minutes of daily “talk time” on the phone and record 20 “sales activities” (emails, fax)
- Customer prospecting at or in excess of directed levels.
Customer Service and Process Management
- Complete paperwork and internal processes including database management, order processing, complaint resolution, credit or receivable issues and other customer issues as is necessary within the sales and service cycle.
- Complete in a timely manner all reporting necessitated by management for proper functionality of group including call logs, price change requests, customer maintenance forms, promotional lists and other documentation.
- Routinely document sales activity in the company’s CRM software.
- Provide territory reporting on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Demonstrate willingness to follow routine processes and procedures in tracking orders, exchanges, returns, commissions and expenses.
- Provide reporting on field travel and trade show appearances in a timely manner.
Tradeshows and Conventions: (2 to 3 shows annually)
- Plan for coverage of relevant trade shows/conventions and manage the provision of required materials (booth, displays, literature, samples).
- Attend trade shows/conventions and represent the product line by staffing the booth, making presentations and meeting with customers/prospects.
- Prepare reports summarizing activity and results generated by shows.
Education and Experience Profile
- Some knowledge of direct sales/telemarketing, typically gained through 3 years of experience via telesales or customer service.
- 4 yearbachelor’s degreerequired.
- Developed communication, persuasion and interpersonal skills.
- Strong PC skills.
- Ability to create and modify complex Excel worksheets.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment.
- SAP and CRM experience is a plus.
Job # US09324