By joining the Bio-Techne team you will have an impact on future cutting-edge research. Bio-Techne, and all of its brands, provides tools for researchers in Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics.
The IS Field Support is responsible for exceeding sales targets within an assigned geography. Work in a team sales setting, supporting field sales and field sales specialists in managing all sales activities, including prospecting, quoting, lead follow-up, data analysis for trends at the account level and product level, and related duties.
- Exceed sales quotas for assigned territory. Ensure customers' needs and expectations regarding their order are met. Follow through with requests to completion or delegate to Field sales, Customer Care Specialist or Technical Services when appropriate.
- Prepare sales quotes for bulk and custom orders. Communicate technically with customers to ensure appropriate criteria are specified.
- Cross-sell other product lines to customers in a meaningful and effective way.
- Contribute to the maintenance of lasting relationships with customers through knowledgeable communication and proactive resolution of questions or issues. Work in partnership with regional sales teams across all Bio-techne divisions to deliver superior service.
- Manage all aspects of order cycle as necessary to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Provide support to field-based staff to enhance their productivity
- Analyze sales trends at the account and product level within your territory; create and execute action plans with your extended sales team.
- Effectively manage work situations of high degree of complexity, which could impact company image and/or sales dollars and costs.
- Provide technical and non-technical product and pricing information to customers through phone or email.
- Document communications using SalesForce.com following established best practices.
- Promote the organization's product line and services and support marketing campaigns.
- Efficiently execute the complete sales process from engaging potential clients to following up to ensure purchase satisfaction.
- Discuss technical aspects of the organization's products and services.
- Independently negotiate and close sales within current pricing and discount structure as well as average pricing goals while meeting or exceeding sales expectations for the assigned territory.
- Establish and adhere to high ethical and performance standards.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- BS in a related Science field required; 2 years of related technical sales experience or training. 3-5 yearslab experience in immunology, cell culture, or related fields will be considered as an alternative to sales experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced, functional knowledge about the product(s) and their uses, competitor(s) and their product(s), and the marketplace, as well as the ability to gain in-depth knowledge
- A passion for the product(s) and company and a deep empathy for the customer and their needs, with the ability to combine and integrate various information into opportunities and strategies
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources management, leadership techniques, production methods, and coordination of staff and resources
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team selling environment
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills, leadership, and decisiveness to solicit key ideas and information and obtain alignment, as well as the confidence to make decisions
- Ability to provide guidance and direction to colleagues or potential subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance
- Proven ability to lead through example, and provide coaching to others as needed
- Ability to work independently to gain assistance from many in the organization in order to make the necessary decisions to drive projects and requirements
- Proficient in planning, organization, problem solving, and multi-tasking to carry out essential functions in a timely, efficient manner
- Outstanding oral and written communication and presentation skills allowing the ability to communicate professionally across all layers of the organization as well as customers' and prospects' organizations
- Proficient in the use of computer applications and software that allow for analysis and presentation of data as well as productivity (i.e. Microsoft Office, Salesforce.com), as well as ability to become proficient in proprietary databases and ERP solutions (Microsoft AX)
- Ability to handle sensitive and proprietary information with discretion and confidentiality
- Skills in problem solving and critical thinking, including the ability to identify and appropriately evaluate an alternative course of action.
- Ability to build long-term relationships with customers.
- Skill in establishing effective interpersonal relationships, such as the ability to solicit key ideas and information.
- Ability to make effective decisions and execute an appropriate course of action considering all relevant variables.
- Ability to manage staff and foster a positive work environment.
- Ability to provide organizational leadership by establishing, articulating and modeling the vision and goals; ability to guide others in a direction that aligns with same vision and goals.
- Ability to negotiate by collaborating with others to arrive at a conclusion using compromise, persuasion, rational, and diplomacy.
- Ability to manage a variety of responsibilities simultaneously with attention to detail.
- Ability to handle sensitive and proprietary information with discretion and confidentiality.