Funding Circle is looking for a Head of Sales to lead our driven & enthusiastic borrower sales team (Inbound & Outbound SDR’s and Account Managers), who help us make a better financial world with our small business customers. The right candidate has both the strategic thinking and experience to guide the team at a high level but also the willingness to roll up their her/his sleeves in a start-up environment and make quick decisions to move the team forward.
Birds-eye view of the role:
- Leads effective & highly motivated direct sales team to achieve originations targets
- Directs sales activity tracking and reporting processes. Ensures appropriate KPI’s/metrics are captured and reported to keep executive leadership informed and maintain appropriate oversight.
- Iterates & fosters an environment for new ideas, efficient sales processes, and continuous process improvement and teamwork in line with Funding Circle values
- Manages sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes, while establishing high levels of accuracy and consistency throughout the planning/forecasting/budgeting process.
- Oversees hiring and training across her/his area.
- Partners with cross functional teams & senior leadership to identify/implement opportunities for salesprocess and controlsimprovement.
- Negotiates current and new contracts for client processing services. Advises other on contracts and assists as needed in negotiations as a subject matter expert.
- Provides input into corporate functions such as Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, and Borrower Compliance training/planning.
Our ideal teammate has:
- Track record recruiting, building, and scaling successful sales organizations
- Minimum 5-6 yearsexperience in a sales management position, including experience managing managers
- Positive track record of developing & managing happy, high performing, and engaged teams
- Advanced proficiency with SalesForce.com, reporting, setting, and driving KPI’s
- Experience with Sales Training & Development
- Strong relationship-builder across all levels and has experience coaching-training managers
- Delegates well and empowers employees while offering development and coaching opportunities
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Identifies with our mission, “to build a better financial world”
- Aligns with our core values: Think Smart, Make It Happen, Be Open, Stand together, Live The Adventure
Bonus points for:
- Lending and/or Technology services salesexperience
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience working in a rapidly growing, mature startup
Why join Funding Circle?:
Happy employees are productive employees, which is why we offer a hearty benefits package. From learning and development and commuter stipends, to a competitive salary, equity, and health benefits, we’ve got you covered! That being said, have you heard about what we're doing?! Our mission is what really motivates us to come to work each day:
- We're supporting small business, the engine of economic growth
- We're helping facilitate higher yields for investors and lower interest rates for borrowers
- We can fund loans extremely quickly, all online!
- We have a clear competitive advantage globally in areas like our marketplace model, domain expertise and regulatory processes
To learn more about our work environment, culture, and perks, visit:https://www.themuse.com/companies/fundingcircle
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Funding Circle provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.