Inside Sales and Customer Service Manager - Water - Well - Piping
11 - 15 years experience •
Reporting to the VP of Sales, manage the operations and personnel for Inside Sales, Customer Service and Engineering in our Water Well division. This is a working manager role that will interface with customers, company leadership and production and office colleagues.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead our team of experienced Inside Sales and Customer Service personnel.
- Lead technical support engineers for the area.
- Support the resolution of highly complex technical or customer service issues.
- Direct the processes for quotation, technical service and order/sales functions.
- Manage work load distribution throughout entire department, keeping a customer focus while assigning customers and sales requests.
- Initiate and drive Risk Memo process on projects, per company policies.
- Problem solve and gather information as needed to create the highest quality product consistent with customer requirements.
- Perform "Voice of the Customer" sessions which include monthly customer satisfaction meetings.
- Work withSales Representatives on customer projects and needs.
- Manage sand lab testing to ensure customers? needs are met.
- Attend industry trade shows to provide technical service and salessupport
- Provide well design consultation for external customers/maintain customer relationships.
- Provide well design recommendations and screen suggestions for drillers, distributors and engineer customers.
- Translate customer applications into defined requirements and product specifications.
- Provide training to all new Customer Service and Estimator personnel.
- Provide technical support on product design and construction to both internal and external customers
- Develop internal customer support and relationships with all areas of the company including the production area.
- Establish departmental policies and procedures and lead group efforts to achieve desired results.
- Conduct annual reviews for customer service personnel.
- Ensure department personnel are receiving all training and productivity tools necessary to effectively perform their duties.
- Serve as advocate for departmental needs.
- Resolve quality issues with customers and production managers.
- Understand and comply with all HSE, Compliance and other Company Policies.
- Must know Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality System Manual, Operating and technical procedures and work instructions as it applies to the position.
- Perform various other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager within the physical constraints of the position.
- BS in Engineering (Civil, Mechanical, Chemical or Geological) or equivalent experience in water well and well drilling industry.
- Minimum of 10 years technical sales/sales-management experienceworking with metal and PVC fabrication of pipes and screens.
- 8years of leadership for Inside Sales, Customer Service and Engineeringsupport
- Outstanding interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving and negotiating skills
- Ability to interface with various external technical and internal departmental resources
- Self-starter, highly organized with good time management skills
- Ability to travel20% to attend trade shows and conduct training/marketing workshops
- Strong knowledge of MS Office productivity tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong knowledge of MS Office and SAP