Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Inside Product Specialist – Round Rock, TX
The Global Compute and Networking organization is hiring Inside Product Specialists who have strong organizational, planning, and communication skills with a track record of building successful customer relationships in a team environment. Inside Product Specialists work collaboratively with a cross functional inside sales teams, providing pre-sales technical support in order to build new business relationships and increase sales with prospects. This role will be dedicated to providing pre-sales technical support of solutions, products, and services that help customer with varying needs of complexity.
You will help us uncover opportunities, selling the benefits of Dell, while demonstrating the advantage of Dell verses the competition. If you are competitive person, then this opportunity is right down your alley!
We are looking for individuals who can take information and knowledge of a business and parlay this into an opportunity for Dell.
- Candidate will be a quota-carrying salesperson responsible for identifying, positioning, quoting and closing complex Compute and Networking solutions
- Design and deliver product demonstrations based on the customer’s requirements and help drive customers toward purchase using expert technical knowledge
- Cooperate and collaborate with colleagues cross-functionally in order to support the sales process
- Act as a technical resource to support the sales organization to meet and/or exceed their objectives
- Build and increase expertise for Dell’s product and service offerings, as well as business processes and systems
- Promote key strategic product and service offerings, while articulating technical, industry, and market facts to position Dell as a competitive solution
- Effectively prioritizes multiple demands while ensuring customer needs are met
- Assist in the on-going technical education and development of the broader team
- Remain up-to-date on new product, technology, and services offerings, while remaining current on industry and vertical solutions as well
- May own account sets and/ or be called into accounts as opportunities are identified
- Maintain a strong desire to ensure our customers have a positive experience when working with Dell and ensure Dell’s brand increases
- 4+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Strong track record of success in previous sales roles
- Possesses strong written/verbal communication and organizational skills
- Ability to display proficiency with Salesforce.com CRM tool, and strong ability to forecast and manage enterprise-related sales opportunity pipeline
- Ability to work effectively with field-based sales resources/team-members
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.