Our computational challenges are so big, complex and unique we can't just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we've got to make it ourselves. Your team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a Hardware Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the heart of the world's largest and most powerful computing infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see those systems all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers affecting millions of Google users.
With your technical expertise, you lead projects in multiple areas of expertise (i.e., engineering domains or systems) within a data center facility, including construction and equipment installation/troubleshooting/debugging with vendors.
You will design, develop and launch input subsystem for the next generation of Google hardware products. As a member of an extraordinarily creative, motivated and talented team, you develop new products that are used by millions of people. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to take on new problems as we continue to push technology forward. If you get excited about building new things and aren't daunted by the challenge of building something from scratch, then our team might be your next career step.
You have a solid Electrical Engineering (EE) design background and knowledge of input systems (including touchpad, touchscreen, stylus, etc.) for consumer products. You will work cross-functionally with mechanical design, operation and product engineering teams to deliver systems to production. Additionally, you will need to travel to support engineering builds and ramp to mass production.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Be responsible for input sensor hardware development and integration (capacitive, force, stylus) for consumer electronic products from concept into production.
- Prototype and support validation instrumentation bring-up. Build up input sensor validation framework for highly repeatable results.
- Advance the failure analysis on issues discovered during validation. Work with the sensor technology team to proactively identify and resolve issues.
- Advance firmware tuning to optimize performance. Work at the boundary of Hardware/Software to resolve system level issues (e.g. bringup, performance, power consumption, feature enablement).
- Manage vendors to ensure quality of technical deliverables.
- BA/BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science or related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experienced with sensor system bring-up, that covers component selection, schematic design, PCB layout design, PCB bring up and FW development.
- Experienced in microcontroller selection and its various digital communication protocols and interfaces (e.g. USB, RS-232, GPIO, SPI, I2C and UART).
- Experience with scriptinglanguages (e.g. Python/MATLAB) and software development languages (e.g C/C++).
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- Strong Electrical Engineering background with proficiency in analog and mixed signal systems.
- Experience with multiple sensing technologies (capacitive, acoustic or optical).
- Knowledge of flex/PCB surface mount and assembly process.
- Strong statistical analysis skills.