This position is responsible for independently providing technology analysis and defining user stories, Features and Epics for initiatives using the Solution Development Lifecycle and Agile practices. The incumbent is responsible for leading the coordination and communication between business units and IT from initial analysis through implementation. They will serve as a liaison between internal clients to identify alternative solutions to resolve production problems and meet business needs. Where appropriate, they will drive teams using lean-start up, design thinking and/or agile frameworks, and behavioral economics.
Independently performs the following responsibilities in an expert capacity and may lead other employees in these tasks:
- Partner with the H2 team to execute strategic direction for project (guiding principles, themes, and success metrics).
- Work collaboratively with business resources and IT to define and document user stories, Features and Epics for initiatives and operational functions. Elicit, analyze, document, validate, and prioritize business needs to support the development of feasibility of alternatives and identify solutions. This includes reviewing the current environment, identifying possible alternative solutions, providing technical information to the cost and benefit process to meet business needs, and making a recommendation of the best solution available. In addition to driving the initial investigation and analysis, work with product owners, Agile teams, and team leaders to prioritize requests and estimate resources.
- Effectively utilize Agile practices and Solution Development Lifecycle to deliver complete analysis which meet the business and initiative goals and objectives. Use technical concepts and techniques such as context diagrams and use cases to scope, communicate, and document user stories and acceptance criteria. Effectively use technology to support the process and achieve the expected results within the sprint commitments and product roadmap.
- Understand established business rules governing the set-up of systems. Research system functionality and evaluate its use in support of initiatives requiring changes to products or processes or resolution to problems. Provide system set-up for rules, tables, and fields in support of product, process, or technology changes. Perform system maintenance in support of operational functions. Design, generate, and analyze system reports to meet business needs, and maintain documentation as defined by business process, system, and product owners. Maintain awareness of ongoing development and maintenance activities.
- Serve as a liaison between business resources and IT to understand production problems and offer alternatives for short-term and long-term solutions. Identify process improvement opportunities to improve quality, enhance service, and eliminate non-essential tasks. Work with business analyst and testing staff to support initiatives and business operations, and in coordination with the quality assurance phases of test planning, testing, defect resolution, and test tracking. Stay abreast of system changes implemented by other teams.
- Assist in the development of training materials and maintenance of business system documentation. Help with the delivery of business system training.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management Information Systems, or trade-off in related professional work experience.
- 5+ years of related experience
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use and practice the Solution Development Lifecycle
- Demonstrated knowledge of Agile practices.
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Thorough knowledge of technical concepts, including knowledge of business systems and processes, product lines, and understanding of company operations, and ability to understand mathematical formulas and complex algorithms.
- Demonstrated planning skills and ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and customer service skills, and ability to work with individuals from all areas and levels of the company.
- Ability to create alliances and establish and contribute to a high degree of teamwork and collaboration with diverse groups.