Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group’s member companies are subsidiaries of American Financial Group, a Fortune 500 company.
We combine a "small company" culture where your ideas will be heard with "big company" expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
Great American’s Property & Casualty Group is seeking a highly-qualified individual to lead its Innovation Strategy. The individual will provide leadership, strategy, and direction for corporate innovation solutions and improvements.
- Collaborates with Great American’s P&C businesses and functional teams on the development, implementation, and execution of the Company’s innovation strategy.
- Identifies and evaluates threats and opportunities brought about by technological advancements and changes in the economy.
- Identifies innovation opportunities that align with the strategy.
- Creates an environment of idea development and innovation across the organization. Evangelizes for Great American to drive awareness and adoption of innovation goals and initiatives.
- Stays current on developments in the InsurTech space and identifies opportunities for Great American to pilot new or better practices, technologies, and services.
- Works with Great American’s P&C businesses and functional teams to evaluate innovation opportunities, scope proofs-of-concepts and pilots, and see POCs and pilots through to completion.
- Facilitates application of innovation methodologies and tools on key projects.
- Initiates and leads strategic innovation workshops and projects.
- BA/BS required; Graduate degreepreferred.
- 7-10 years of experience in roles with increasing responsibilities.
- Exceptional communication skills (presentation, written, discussion).
- Proven ability to collaborate and effectively manage cross functional teams charged with launching new programs and change management initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience evaluating business trends and developing new business programs and strategies in response.
- Conceptual understanding of continuous improvement and project management processes.
- Knowledge and understanding of insurance industry, insurance concepts and insurance terminology. Familiarity with insurance support applications that may be supplied by internal or external vendors preferred.
- Experience leading or facilitating workshops, brainstorm sessions, innovation sessions, etc., is preferred.
- Ideal candidate will be able to think outside the box and find innovative and creative solutions.