North Highland has a mantra: Unleash Potential Together. For our clients, it means we challenge thinking and build capabilities, so that after each engagement, they are left stronger and inspired to do more. With our colleagues, it means fostering an environment where bringing, shaping, growing and sharing ideas isn’t just encouraged—it’s expected. And within our communities, it means we give of our skills, time and passion to make them more prosperous.
Innovation & Solution Architect – Innovation & Solution Development Team
Global Services – Director
We are looking for an Innovation & Solution Architect to join the North Highland Innovation and Solution Development team.
This person will play a vital role in driving the design, development and delivery of client-centric solutions to bring to the marketplace. The successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for ensuring continuous innovation of solutions to drive business value. To be successful, the successful candidate must thoroughly understand and anticipate client needs and measure how the product satisfies those needs and be attuned to changes in the marketplace and the competitive landscape.
They must understand all aspects of successful solution development and service delivery. The ideal candidate will combine adept and complex problem-solving skills with proven solution development expertise within a consulting or professional services environment.
- Craft, design and develop best-in-class, market ready professional services solutions that follow North Highland’s solution development process
- Contribute to the identification of potential solutions through consumer driven “problem solving” approach, gathering and analyzing market data, consumer intelligence, competitive information, as well as internal capabilities and capacity; direct efforts to quickly introduce new and emerging products/solutions and drive them from concept to delivery
- Responsible for contributing to the analytical strategy and defining client requirements then driving partners/stakeholders through development process
- Responsible for business and industry analysis in order to identify key business challenges and opportunities
- Understand and communicate demographical, financial and technological market trends effecting solution offerings so market opportunities may be maximized and the negative effects of competitive activity may be minimized; manage new solution offerings appropriately around current market trends.
- Provide insight and direction during complex product development projects.
- Assist in keeping the organization (client team and markets) abreast of emerging trends and opportunities along with value added insights to drive the business.
- Advises and consults with product management and SMEs about new innovation opportunities based on changes in industries and marketplace
- Develop product/solution visions and roadmaps, forecast potential product/solution impact, and drive product/solution development
- Identify and test early stage concepts, prototypes and solution components with account team, clients and potential clients
- Help drive improvement of North Highland’s solution development process
- 7 to 13 years of experience in a product development, product management or product marketing role at a leading consulting or professional services firm
- Strategic knowledge of client needs and behaviors across core organizational functions
- Experience working with clients/customers to evaluate business needs and define requirements
- Proven skill of progressive/visionary thinking
- Demonstrable experience in developing high-quality, well-structured, and clientready deliverables
- Proven success delivering solutions in a complex, rapidly changing environment
- Strong, confident leadership style of communication.
- Strong conceptual strength, strategic thinking, problem solving, technical and analytical skills
- Experience with agile methods and agile development / prototyping
- Experience with research and testing methodologies
- Proven experience leading, influencing, developing teams in geographically dispersed organizations (comfortable with global, remote styles of working)
- A demonstrated ability to partner, collaborate with and lead a diverse range of resources and personalities with distinct perspectives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Persuasive negotiation style with a sense of diplomacy.
- Excellent organization skills with proven ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and to adjust to frequent changes and project priorities
- MBA from a leading business school is preferred.
- Client Minded: Demonstrated experience in building consulting approaches and methodologies centered on consumer/customer needs. Understands the principles and practices of customer experience discipline and incorporates into development of solutions.
- Strategic/Analytical Thinking: Must be a critical and strategic thinker, able to develop and communicate a compelling vision and direction for the team while aligning with the rest of the Company. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, also experience understanding and interpreting consulting engagement financials
- An excellent communicator in both written and oral formats for a wide range of audiences. Strong writing skills and the ability to provide strong rationales for courses of action will be required. Exercise effective skills in working cross-functionally.