Job ID: CEP002609
At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving healthcare through faster, more accurate diagnostic tests. With our GeneXpert® System, we’ve taken the most sophisticated molecular technology and packaged it into an automated, easy-to-use format that has quickly become the platform of choice worldwide. From the largest laboratories to small physician offices, our game-changing solution delivers critical answers when clinicians and patients need them most. Through strong molecular biology capabilities and ongoing product innovation, we are focused on developing tests for healthcare-associated infections, sexual health, critical infectious disease, virology, and oncology applications.
As a post-doctoral Scientist in Cepheid’s Innovation Research group, you will work to develop novel nucleic acid amplification and detection methods with the goals of improving time-to-result, ease-of-use and level of multiplexing in Cepheid’s GeneXpert IVD system, the class leader in near-patient molecular diagnostics. The successful candidate will have a scientific background in automated research or medical instrument design and/or development, fluidic and microfluidic systems, as well as wet-lab experience in the chemistry used in those instruments.
In this position the post-doctoral Scientist will work cross-functionally with Engineering and other R&D Scientists in the development of these novel technologies. In addition to R & D work in an exciting and dynamic environment, this position will expose the Scientist to the IVD commercial product development process.
In addition to technical qualifications, the ideal candidate will be goal-oriented, inquisitive, collaborative, organized, and be able to thrive in an atmosphere of shifting demands and priorities.
This is a regular full-time position with an estimated duration of 24 months.
• Hands-on evaluation, testing and development of new nucleic acid amplification, detection & sample prep technologies
• Execute studies with limited guidance or direction.
• Maintain detailed experimental records and document results in technical reports in a laboratory notebook.
• Establish prototype specifications for initial feasibility studies.
• Work collaboratively and participate in group meeings
• Analyze data using statistical tools such as Microsoft Excel or Minitab.
• Perform prototype optimization experiments.
• Prepare and purify DNA and RNA and perform GeneXpert assays, other real-time PCR assays and/or DNA sequencing as required.
• Maintain and promote a safe working environment and insure that all reagents and supplies meet quality control standards.
• Enhance the company’s scientific knowledge by your own scientific background, connections and understanding of the scientific literature
• Understanding of and ability to persuade others of value of projects
• Participate and present data at internal technical meetings and prepare progress reports, act as a resource for junior scientific colleagues, and, if asked, manage small project groups.
• If asked, present at external scientific meetings.
Performs research (biology, chemistry, mechanical, software, etc.) to generate analytical data for internal and/or external clients. Responsible for the investigation of new technologies and experimentation directed at the practical application of scientific theories. Assures that programs meet scientific objectives and are aligned with customer needs. Builds relationships with industry/technology key opinion leaders.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.