As part of the Global Innovation Center Advanced Manufacturing Team, you will work collaboratively on innovation projects that impact textile, apparel, and footwear manufacturing processes as we transition to the 4th IndustrialRevolution.
Project work will include digital design driven manufacturing, additive manufacturing, automation & robotics, textile manufacturing, product assembly technologies, and next generation materials creation.
The Advanced Manufacturing team is focused on increasing manufacturing flexibility and demand responsiveness to better serve consumer needs and desires, while at the same time driving reductions in inventory, waste, and resource intensity regarding water, energy, and chemistry.
You will collaborate with Global Innovation Center teams, VF Global Supply Chain, internal and external innovation partners to align on projects that maximize enterprise value.
You will be expected to leverage your extensive technical expertise and broad industry experience to create and execute projects against timelines. Your innovation focus will range from incremental to disruptive in the areas of technology, process and partnerships.
- Align with Director, Advanced Manufacturing & Director, Project Delivery on prioritization of project goals and resources.
- Drive the execution of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Work closely with both internal and external project and resource teams to drive projects from inception to launch through stage gate process.
- Communicate project status and progress to internal and external stakeholders.
- Establish credibility with a team of seasoned Innovation and Supply Chain veterans to foster collaboration, strategic alignment and integrated planning and execution across functions.
- Operate effectively in a complex, matrixed organization.
- Demonstrate critical thinking capabilities in Executive Leadership facing situations.
- Exhibit a self-directed and proactive working style in which opportunities are identified and addressed prior to leadership direction.
- Manage project work to achieve assigned milestones & deliverables.
- Build relationships with key partners that provide flexible and appropriate Project Managementsupport.
- Support continuous process improvement and innovation.
- Design and conduct product and technology trials in a fluid and sometimes ambiguous environment.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- 6-12years' professional experience focused within manufacturing or product/process development and a minimum of 7 years’ experience leading technical programs in creative and innovative work. Manufacturing/Process Engineer experience desired.
- 4-year college degree from an accredited university with a BS or BA Engineering, Manufacturing Technologies, Business Operations or equivalent work experience. Masters Preferred.
- Experience leading and motivating strong teams based on different talents and skills a plus.
- Computer/Software Applications: full command of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word), Microsoft Project, Smartsheet, or equivalent project management software, Microsoft SharePoint.
- ‘Maker’ approach to problem solving. Highly resourceful and adaptive. Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Experience and proven track record of transitioning programs/technologies from concept into commercialization.
- Effective communication and influencing techniques.
- Demonstrated success developing and presenting complex ideas to executive audiences and effectively articulating the voice of the customer to senior management in a clear, concise and decisive manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a world-wide environment with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- High degree of initiative and ability to work independently when needed.
- Travel Required: 15%