FireEye is a global leader in providing security solutions and services to our customers with a passion to protect our customers data and their reputation. This role is based in their Milpitas headquarters and is an influential and pivotal role as a member of our Information Systems and Services (ISS) team. This role has several varied requirements and needs several essential personal characteristics, skills and competencies. This role is a career level position or an essential step in the career path of any aspiring IT professional or consultant, simply due to the multi-faceted nature of the role and the wealth of knowledge and insight gained when carrying it out.
FireEye is looking for an experienced individual contributor/manager who will help elevate the practice of innovation with creative but rigorous qualitative, quantitative, and/or design research methods. We expect the individual to be aware of the technology landscape enabling the spark of imagination in their work and stimulating the same for others. Ultimately stretching the innovation muscle for the ISS organization.
This requires the individual to be an excellent, flexible, persuasive and agile communicator, demonstrating creativity as well as diplomacy at all times working with internal business partners and third parties such as vendors. The innovation lead must be able to show vision and out of the box while simultaneously judging internal systems and processes and define their next innovative phase. Being able to consistently think about the 'bigger picture of where innovation fits into the business, not just IT (because remember IT IS the business). The successful candidate needs to be able to switch focus, business language, and context on a continual basis as they deal with different stakeholders daily.
- Drive the innovation narrative and messaging for the organization
- Think big, be transformative
- Critical thinker with demonstrated 'out of the box' real life examples
- Develop the definition of innovation in the FireEye culture with its personalities and attributes
- Work closely with Information Systems and Services managers, leaders and teams to develop a culture of innovation and change
- Highly collaborative being able to break down generational and organizational boundaries
- Have passion for executing against big and bold ideas and building, growing and scaling business
- Execute Proof of concept work to help determine buy vs build decisions
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups across FireEye looking for innovative opportunities and defining future direction possibilities and options
- Have a 'can do' attitude to get things done and across the finish line
- Develop problem solving frameworks across all business functions to enable sound and innovative decision making while establishing trust and credibility
- Ability to analyze system requirements and existing systems to ensure they offer adequate security and are effectively meeting the needs of the organization. Have ability to coordinate with all areas of the organization to see that the system is working as optimally as it should while ongoing analysis will identify where they can integrate new features.
- Maintain a common documentation library
- BSc or greater in computer science, sociology
- Creative problem solver, demonstrated positive and effective communications
- Relentless curiosity and passion for building tomorrow
- An obsession with user-centered discovery and design process, always curious
- Highly motivated, goal driven, influential, innovative, curious and open minded, fun to work with, team player
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, evolving environment and appropriately prioritize tasks, and keep abreast of the latest technology.
- Capability to work with people in different time zones
- Ability to spend extended periods of time on computer equipment and/or in meetings
- Must be able to speak and listen clearly on telephone
- Ability to travel as needed in support of technical initiatives, 25%.