$130K — $190K *
Gundersen Health System has made a commitment to be a leader in healthcare innovation. The Innovation Entrepreneur in Residence is a general management team leader and product management expert who works with executive and intra/entrepreneurial teams to create disruptive new businesses. Drives the idea pipeline and facilitates key decision-making processes, is accountable for new venture/new idea team success and maintains a positive working environment while guiding intrapreneurs and entrepreneurs through the incubate / accelerate methodology. Trains and coaches teams on customer interviews, scripts, storyboards and more, establishes a close advisor relationship with the new venture team’s leader and identifies/ troubleshoots potential risks to the new venture.
The Innovation Entrepreneur in Residence monitors the intrapreneur, entrepreneur and idea pipeline within Gundersen (and the incubator), ensuring its alignment with and support of strategic business activities as well as the overall success of the incubator.
1. Collaborates with clinicians, leaders, and others within GHS to identify innovative ideas for improving healthcare. Assists in innovation evaluations and track progress of continued research and/or development activities related to innovation projects.
2. Works as a general management team leader and product management expert with executive and intra/entrepreneurial teams.
3. Runs domain and challenge framing sessions; facilitates key brainstorming and decision-making processes.
4. Manages all aspects of new venture competitions, including executive and company-wide communications.
5. Develops and oversees the pipeline of ideas from various sources; makes key strategic decisions around Innovations idea generation operating model (sources of new venture ideation, volume of ideas, metrics, etc.).
6. Helps leadership frame and prioritize new venture ideas and constraints; creates initial stakeholder maps that identify who matters most within the context of a given challenge; facilitates “Asset Jams” that identify available Gundersen’s core competencies, assets, and capabilities.
7. Participates in recruiting, interviewing, and vetting potential intra/entrepreneurial team members.
8. Oversees team success, orchestrating resources to train and coach teams on customer interviews, scripts, storyboards, methodology.
9. Provides expertise and vision to help the GM / Business Owner develop, refine, and execute the venture’s business and operational plan.
10. Helps the team frame and sort through their experiences; facilitates daily and weekly synthesis, training them to operate independently.
11. Establishes a strong advisor relationship with the GM / Business Owner of the new venture; guides through the Incubate / Accelerate process.
12. Facilitates workshops and exercises that help establish team norms, teach methodology, and / or helps advance the team toward their goals.
13. Supports business development activities.
14. Identifies and manages risks to the venture’s success; assists to proactively identify, troubleshoot, and resolve situations that might derail successful realization of new venture launches or idea integration into Gundersen.
15. Captures and shares insights / learnings from new venture challenges (or other ideation activities), incubation / acceleration activities with leadership.
16. Advances internal and external promotion for innovation and incubation / acceleration.
17. Prepares and presents regular updates.
18. Performs other job-related responsibilities as requested.
Education and Learning:
Bachelor’s Degree in Innovation, Engineering, Business, Human Computer Interaction, or related field
10 years of work experience demonstrating the ability to lead teams and create disruptive new businesses
Demonstrated track record of software and / or digital product management leadership
Experience facilitating ideation and solution brainstorming workshops for cross-functional teams
Experience working at or consulting to global enterprises, ideally in a strategic role
Experience in a startup and / or venturing (either internal and / or external venture development)
License and Certifications:
Lean Six Sigma certification preferred
Age Specific Population:
Category 3 - Employees in this job title have no reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
Not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (as in typical office work)
Physical Requirements/Demands of The Position:
Static Standing rarely
Reaching – Below Shoulder occasionally
Repetitive Actions – Pinch Forces occasionally Pounds of Force: 0-25
Repetitive Actions – Fine Manipulation frequently
Lifting – Other rarely Number of Pounds: 0-25
Equal Opportunity Employer
Valid through: 11/16/2021