McCarthy Holdings, Inc. is the oldest privately held national construction company in the country. We are a 100% employee-owned top 10 ENR company with the mission of being the Best Builder in America. We provide general contracting, construction management, design-build, and self-perform services nationwide. Based in St. Louis, the firm has full-service offices in Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, Phoenix, Denver, Las Vegas, San Diego, Newport Beach, San Francisco, San Jose and Sacramento and has built in nearly every state with projects ranging in size from $1 million to $1 billion.
McCarthy recognizes that to meet our mission, we must maintain a strong focus on continuous improvement. We believe that technology presents opportunities for our company and the industry to improve how we operate, increase productivity, and produce better experiences and outcomes for our clients and partners. At the same time, McCarthy recognizes that in order to realize the benefits that technology presents, we must apply a rigorous, well-planned and innovative approach covering all aspects of technology analysis, selection and deployment.
The Innovation Engineer will be responsible for developing and leading well-structured innovation initiatives to drive value for the organization. This role will partner with divisional and corporate team members along with external partners to identify and execute on technology opportunities. The Innovation Engineer will be responsible for market research and industry involvement, undercovering opportunities to apply emerging tools in new and innovative ways.
Partnership and Collaboration
- Work collaboratively with internal and external clients to effectively plan and execute innovation initiatives, maintaining a focus on iterative learning and continuous improvement.
- Partner with McCarthy’s preconstruction, operational, and business development teams to understand customer and partner behaviors, needs and expectations.
- Establish strong relationships and open collaboration with internal technology experts (IT, Field Solutions, Virtual Design and Construction) to support exploration and implementation of technology capabilities and methods.
- Build strategic relationships with technology vendors, industry thought leaders, and academia.
Market Research and Analysis
- Conduct competitive analysis and model emerging technology and business trends that impact McCarthy, its customers, and the AEC industry.
- Establish and maintain a current working knowledge of emerging technologies and disruptive trends, both inside and outside the AEC industry.
- Develop a deep understanding of organizational and industry culture and norms, and how they impact technology innovation ideas and opportunities.
- Develop well-structured innovation initiatives, including creation of vendor partnerships, prototyping, pilot evaluations, and solution design and development.
- Leverage design methods, process maps, and other structured approaches to analyze research findings and develop innovation concepts.
- Integrate and analyze research findings and develop innovation hypothesis and supporting business cases, including resources plans, schedules, anticipated outcomes, evaluation checkpoints, funding strategies, etc.
- Develop implementation plans for technology rollout providing support to divisional and corporate teams throughout the launch.
- Internally communicate and sell innovation opportunities to different stakeholders within the organization.
- StrongAnalytical andProblem-Solving Skills - asks questions to discover the true ‘why’
- Business Results Oriented – looks beyond the cool factor of technology innovation to understand how it can positively impact the organization
- Strong Networking – leverages the expertise and knowledge of trusted internal and external relationships
- Collaborative andTeamwork-Oriented – recognizes the value and benefit of diverse perspectives and experience.
- Effective Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Positive Influencer and Change Agent– motivates the organization and leadership to pursue changes
- Passionate learner, Creative, Open Thinker
- Balanced risk taker
- Proven track record of Entrepreneur and/or Intrapreneur successes
- Design Thinking Methodologies
- Applied and/or operational technology implementations – Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, Wearables, Robotics
- Lean Methodologies – Scrum, Agile,iterative approaches to project execution, continuous improvement
- Enterprise Architecture, Business Architect, Solutions Architect