Pentair plc (NYSE: PNR) is a global company dedicated to building a safer, more sustainable world. Pentair delivers industry leading products, services and solutions that help people make the best use of the resources they rely on most. Its technology moves the world forward by ensuring that water is plentiful, useful and pure, and that critical equipment and those near it are protected. With 2016 revenues of $4.9 billion, Pentair employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
A global water leader focused on smart, sustainable water and fluid processing applications. It designs, manufactures and delivers innovative solutions to residential, commercial and industrial customers who place a premium on high quality water and fluids. Strategic business units include Aquatic and Environmental Systems, Water Filtration, Water Technologies, Process Technologies, and Fluid Motion. Pentair's Water segment generated approximately $2.8 billion in sales in 2016.
Pentair is currently seeking a Innovation Embedded Electrical Engineer to utilize their strong mix of creative ideas, technical and project management skills to develop innovative products and aggressively pursue projects within the innovation department. In this role, the Innovation Embedded Electrical Engineer will foster a positive team environment that focuses on communication and collaboration with all other company functions – engineering, product management, marketing, operations, finance, supply chain, sales, quality and customers. Interested candidates, who meet the requirements below, are encouraged to apply today!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use creative ability to generate innovative ideas and breakthrough technologies in the pool industry
- Drive the team to meet or exceed delivery, cost, performance, and quality goals.
- Lead and facilitate cross-functional meetings and design reviews with peers and other talented engineering groups.
- Ensure completeness and quality of work on assigned projects.
- Design technically advanced products while thriving in a creative, high volume, working environment.
- Actively support R&D, Innovation, and NPD projects from concept to release with strong sense of urgency and action.
- Design and develop concepts and prototypes with scopes ranging from specific concepts to comprehensive functional products.
- Utilize intellect and best engineering practices throughout Pentair’s product development process (stage-gate).
- Own essential aspects of embedded hardware and full integration into varied electro-mechanical product platforms.
- Execute design validation including: concept design, prototyping, proof of concept, lab and field testing.
- Work with the leadership team and peers to continually improve Pentair’s 3D NPD process.
Job Requirements & Skills
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s / Masters degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field from an accredited institution.
- 5+ years of embedded hardware design experience in a high volume production, product development environment.
- 3+ years leading cross-functional project teams.
- Knowledge of product design and new product development stage gate processes.
- Demonstrated ability to move design changes from R&D concept and prototype to engineering release.
- Experience with all phases of embedded hardware and software development (design, architecture, test, release and support - Altium Designer preferred).
- Experience with App/Web interface design and development is a plus.
- Experience with wireless RF technologies.
- Proficient in C/C++ for embedded systems.
- Familiar with PPAP’s, DVP&R’s, DFMEA’s and PFMEA’s.
- Regulatory agency experience (UL, CE, NSF) preferred.
- Knowledge of TRIZ (Theory of Inventive Problem Solving) is a plus.
- Highly detail oriented, organized, innovative and organizationally agile individual preferred.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
Need for flexible domestic and international travel according to business necessity.
Pentair is an Equal Opportunity Employer.