At Church & Dwight, we value talented professionals with a strong desire to make a positive impact in our company. Our R&D team is looking for an ambitious and resourceful Innovation Design Thinking Manager whose action-oriented mindset will foster continued growth throughout our leading brands.
In this highly visible role located at our Global R&D Center in Princeton, NJ you will will lead and coordinate the implementation of human centered design thinking-like methodologies and programs across the Church& Dwight R&D organization. The role will champion the use of design thinking research (also referred to as human-centered design or design research) methodologies to probe, assess and evaluate behaviors of targeted groups of people and then translate that knowledge into meaningful information and designs to uncover new consumer insights and to facilitate the development of new transformative products across various categories within the C&D diverse portfolio. The incumbent will collaboratively interact with various R&D groups, being an active proponent and advocate of innovation and design through design thinking-like methodologies.
What you’ll do:
- Define, structure, and coordinate various DT steps across multiple categories and in a matrix-type organization. This includes, but not limited: conducting research to explore and evaluate desired experiences, analyzing research data, presenting and story-telling findings, and making prioritized recommendations.
- Clearly communicate methodologies and research findings with a strategic voice, with prioritized recommendations and potential solutions to developers, designers, and steering committees.
- Interact regularly with senior R&D and business leaders, since this position involves engaging with stakeholders and business leaders in an advisory capacity in identifying clear expectations for DT and associated results.
- Implement, continuously optimize, and lead the R&D internal Design Thinking program and the associated processes and metrics.
- Foster the “democratization” of DT across the organization through training and mentoring of internal DT champions.
What you’ll need:
- Degree in Design (Industrial, Product or Graphic) (MS, PhD preferred)
- Training Certification in Design Thinking or other Innovation methodologies
- 10+ years’ design experience in the consumer products field (or relevant associated fields) with at least 5+ years’ experience in design thinking and innovation for new brands and products
- Knowledge of brand principles and brand architecture
- Experience of various consumer methodologies (ethnography, focus group interaction and design iteration, rapid consumer testing, etc.)
- Experience in story-telling and effective communication techniques
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business