At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. We work together each day to foster an inclusive workplace culture where all of our employees feel respected, valued and have an opportunity to contribute to the company's success. As a(n) Innovation Consultant within PNC's Artificial Intelligence Research & Development organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh PA, Cleveland OH or remote.
The Artificial Intelligence Research & Development team is responsible for solving business problems using AI. The team is engaged on strategic projects which include new product design, automation opportunities, and customer experience enhancements. The team is involved throughout the lifecycle of a solution from ideation to research to proof of concept to prototype to implementation.
As a member of the team, you will be responsible for continuously incubating new ideas by exploring business problems, learning about new AI technology, performing research on uses of AI and engaging a variety of different industry, technology, and PNC experts.
Additional work will be project based and can range based on a variety of projects
- Exploring new technologies through market research, vendor reviews, proof of concepts, and reverse engineering solutions.
- Building initial prototypes through development and testing with new tools or new uses of existing tools.
- Testing new operating models by leading high priority projects and acting as product owner for artificial intelligence solutions.
- Managing external partnerships by assisting in solution design and execution.
Skills we are looking for include:
- Lead projects by setting a strategic vision, organizing work sets, and delivering solutions which achieve the stated goal
- Collaborate effectively with others, open to differing perspectives, and problem solve to build the best solution for the bank
- Build technical solution designs which outline the development work needed to achieve the goal
- Coding experience with the ability to learn new languages and platforms & develop solutions quickly
- Ability to reverse engineer a platform to understand how it works and communicate findings to key stakeholders
- Building custom AI solutions is a plus: Python, R, use of data science tools (DataRobot, Cloudera Data Science Workbench, Anaconda, Jupyter Notebook, etc.)
- Building AI solutions through a platform is a plus: use of Doc AI, virtual assistant, robotic process automation, speech to text, or text analytics toolsJob Description
- Consults with business partners to leverage a human centered design approach to solve complex problems.
- Consult with the business partners to develop vision and strategy for the engagement and overall user experience.
- Leads the execution of research, synthesize and share key findings, provide recommendations to the business.
- Create storyboards, leads prototyping and testing of ideas and concepts in collaboration with the business.
- Facilitate and Educate employees to leverage human centered design. Champion and provide training to teams of employees.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Accuracy and Attention to Detail - Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
Business Analytics - Knowledge of technologies, techniques and practices for the evaluation of business performance data; ability to analyze business performance using advanced statistical methods to justify and drive future business planning decisions.
Business Case Justification - Knowledge of the how's and why's of preparing and justifying business cases and value propositions; ability to justify business expenditures by identifying cost, benefits, ROI, opportunities, and risks.
Design Thinking - Knowledge of the concepts, principles, and processes of design thinking; ability to utilize the knowledge in designing new products and services and even improving organizational operation.
Industry Knowledge - Knowledge of the organization's industry group, trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations, and trendsetters; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Innovation - Develops new ideas and initiatives that improve the performance of the organization.
Planning: Tactical, Strategic - Ability to contribute to operational (short term), tactical (1-2 years) and strategic (3-5 years) planning in support of the overall business plan.
Product Design and Development - Knowledge of and ability to design, build, and develop a new product, technology, or service from concept through to production.
Qualitative Research - Knowledge of and ability to gain insight concerning the attitudes, beliefs, motivations and behaviors related to an organization's products, services and businesses.Work Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.Education
BachelorsAdditional Job DescriptionBenefits
PNC offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits to help meet your needs now and in the future. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection; maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absence time; 401(k), pension and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; back-up child/elder care; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a robust wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit pncbenefits.com > New to PNC .Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at email@example.com.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.California Residents
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.