1717 East Cary St (12050), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Innovation Center Program Manager
Innovation Center Position Overview:
We are launching a unique initiative in the Richmond, Virginia community: building an innovation hub to support local entrepreneurs and make an impact in the RVA community. This is a large investment in a great and growing city, and we are working to ensure all our associates have the opportunity to be part of the experience and that the community benefits.
As Innovation Center Program Manager, you will be the lead strategist responsible for translating business intent and community needs into engaging learning experiences that will help our associates solve community and corporate business problems in creative ways. By analyzing, designing and developing highly engaging, learner-centric experiences and solutions, you will help make meaningful impacts on the RVA community while enabling our associates to develop the cutting-edge skills needed to grow as a Tech company.
As the Innovation Center Program Manager, you will collaborate with other learning programs across the company to develop, design and deliver innovative curricula with a focus on making a community impact while developing skills. You will test and learn different strategies, and partner with other Community Affairs team members to ensure the program meets the needs of our community and nonprofit partners.
Utilizing our best skills to impact the community - pro bono volunteerism - will be a critical component to this job. It’s also essential that you are passionate about the Richmond community and have experience in building community change.
If you have entrepreneurial experience, have a passion for Richmond and want to bring your skills and experience together in a role that will have a meaningful impact on RVA and Capital One, we would love to meet you! This is a unique opportunity to build something great during an exciting time at Capital One and in the Richmond community.
- Consult with advisors, business partners and subject matter experts to assess, design and deliver an intrapreneur program focused on in-person learning experiences that have strong community benefits
- Own the day-to-day management of projects related to delivering new content and experiences and handle content revision cycles (i.e. revising content, incorporating new content)
- Establish a clear, consistent process to gather data and feedback on the effectiveness and return on investment of assigned training curricula
- Partner with internal stakeholders to design, track and execute pro bono skills volunteerism
- Manage workload of multiple products and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Provide counsel to internal stakeholders and executives to meet their business needs through this innovative model
- At least 2 years pro bono volunteerism engagement experience
- At least 3 years project management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years startup experience
- At least 5 years pro bono volunteerism engagement experience
- At least 5 years project management experience, with specific experience in developing new programs
- At least 3 years experience in learning strategy and/or learning design/learning development experience