Background & Purpose of the Job
Sundial Brands, parent company of the award-winning SheaMoisture, Nubian Heritage, Madam C.J. Walker Beauty Culture and Shea Girl brands, creates and manufactures beauty and personal care products with natural, certified organic and ethically sourced ingredients, while proudly pioneering a global Community Commerce program.
We are looking to hire a Marketing & Innovations Manager on Facial Skincare & Baby, who is highly organized, resourceful, creative and a true problem solver.
Who You Are & What You'll Do
Innovation Marketing & Innovation Manager (Facial Skincare & Baby) is responsible for managing and executing the Sundial innovation strategic plan incorporating tactical and operational initiatives in sales, marketing and product development.
- Support Director in the development and co-creation of new products to identify key market segments, customers, market dynamics, trends, opportunities, gaps, competitors and timelines.
- Participate in new product development process from concept through commercialization including voice of customer research, definition of customer/product requirements and value proposition; manage product launches and sales training.
- Coordination, identification and development of marketing programs for customer presentations. Coordinate all activities and presentations for Innovation at trade shows.
- Help identify gaps in product line and manufacturing capabilities/geographies. Develop strategies to address these gaps.
- Help develop Marketing Plans, line strategies and planograms across multiple distribution channels and price points.
- Regularly evaluate business and competitive performance.
- Drive development of new products – work with R&D, Lab, Packaging, Creative, etc… and ensure timetables and budgets are met.
- Help develop and execute launch strategies and 360 marketing support for all new products. Work with cross-functional, shared services group to create and execute all marketing launch plans.
- Work closely with Brand Marketing to insure consistent brand articulation.
- Initiate development of all creative elements from comps, packaging, sampling, in-store collateral and merchandising, social, advertising, web.
What You'll Need To Succeed
- Bachelors degree in Business/Marketing, MBA strongly preferred
- 4+ years brand management/ marketing experience, Beauty experience preferred
Skills/Job Knowledge Required:
- Passion for building brands and businesses
- Keen desire and curiosity to uncover/understand consumer insights and satisfy their needs
- Strong leadership skills and ability to spearhead initiatives with a cross-functional team
- Demonstrates initiative, goal oriented and focused on results
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate
- Strong analytical skills, problem-solving skills, presentation skills and creativity
- Ability to push through marketing initiatives by jumping through hurdles.
- Detail oriented with excellent project management skills
- Adaptable and able to deal with ambiguity and change
- Self-starter and positive attitude
- Ability to work in a small team within an entrepreneurial, lightening-speed culture