We are seeking an accomplished and talented Biology leader with broad understanding of immunology, biological pathways and mechanisms. This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following…
- Lead a multidisciplinary scientific biology team supporting diverse activities within the iiRU ranging from target identification and validation through to clinical candidate selection
- Effective people management and data quality are key deliverables of this very important position.
- Prioritize activities and manage biology resources to ensure robust progress toward, and achievement of, iiRU objectives
- Provide direction to help resolve technical challenges and deliver high quality results in a timely and integrated fashion
- Make significant intellectual contributions to scientific strategy and planning for the iiRU
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- PhD in immunology or a field relevant to immunology/inflammation
- Demonstrated expertise in immunology, or field relevant to immunology/inflammation drug discovery, strongly supported by publications, patents, and training
- Previous experience in biotech and/or pharmaceutical drug discovery
- Ability to establish/lead high calibre biology teams both internally and externally to support drug discovery programs
- Ability to manage and mentor a group of scientists to foster a culture of innovation, teamwork, performance and trust
- Demonstrated capability to lead a team with a breadth of skills, including biochemistry, gene editing, molecular and cellular signalling, and in vivo/ex vivo translational studies, in their daily activities to focus on critical path activities of the research projects
- Ability to communicate and share information/knowledge clearly and effectively
- Experience working in a dynamic, matrixed organisation
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Subject matter expert in innate immunology
- 5+ years industry experience leading teams
- Strong understanding of drug discovery processes, including small/large molecule development.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.