Injection Molding / Packaging Superintendent, Production, Foods
Competitive Salary [About $98K]-Full Benefits-World Class Corporation
Responsible for the efficient execution, operation and performance of the Packaging and Molding department. The focus of this position is safety, process efficiency, process improvement, customer solutions, and personnel development.
- People Management
- Manages a team of front line supervisors across a 24/7 operation. Oversees and supervises daily operations of the Packaging and Molding department to achieve production requirements.
- Develops/supervises and provides coaching to shift and department supervisors including coaching core values and guiding principles.
- Responsible for planning for future production workforce needs and participates in selection of employees.
- Implements department operational, reliability, safety, FSQR training programs and controls/monitors employee performance.
- Accountable for talent development and for overall training and on boarding new employees.
- Focuses on department engagement, recognition, development and coaching.
- Implements systems and process to maintain a highly engaged workforce. Holds direct reports accountable for actively addressing engagement issues and for identifying best practices in engagement.
- Operational/Reliability Excellence/Continuous Improvement
- Identifies, aligns, and provides input to best in class operational practices. Utilizes technical skills and relevant experience to identify and solve problems and recommend/implement operating efficiencies.
- Aligns and implements reliability practices and ensures the reliability culture is foundational to operations. (Deploys reliability processes and metrics; focus on eliminating the root-cause of reliability problems).
- Develop and manage scorecards, metrics, and goals for the department.
- Champions a culture that promotes operational excellence. Recommends process improvements and supports business case for new investments/innovations. Reviews performance measurements and deploys practices to promote operational efficiencies. Leads Stable Operations for the department.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous improvements applicable to the department and the entire business.
- Safety/Risk Management
- Oversees/executes day-to-day operations for the Packaging and Molding department, ensuring direct reports are following and enforcing policies and procedures related to employee safety and food/feed safety.
- Partners with Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) and Food Safety Quality and Regulatory (FSQR) experts to implement the most effective approach for complying with corporate policies and procedures.
- Health and Safety: Enforces a culture of zero injury and illness.
- Food Safety: Directly monitors risks associated withproducts. Ensures GFSI/HACCP/FDA standards and requirements are met in all food and feed processes.
- Educates and trains workforce in food safety fundamentals and completes safety and good manufacturing practices (GMP) audits.
- Documents and investigates EHS/Food Safety incidents to identify risks, root causes, recommends and implements corrective actions.
- Participates in customer, third party, and regulatory audits as an Operations representative as needed.
- Maintains thorough understanding of site emergency action plan and prepare responsible individuals to execute the plan. Tests the plan periodically to ensure feasibility and that all personnel can perform functions.
- Leads by example by active participation in the Values Based Safety (or other) program and by working closelywith barrier removal teams.
- Product Innovation/Quality Management
- Directly oversees and monitors production results, quantity and quality to ensure customer and food safety requirements are within specification. Works withproduction supervisors to meet customer specifications and timeline.
- Oversees, documents and investigates quality issues that occur. Compiles related information and provides recommendations for improvements for review by production supervisors, facility manager, corporate, and FSQR specialists.
- Supports customer relationships by meeting business objectives and by understanding how operational performance impacts internal and external customers.
- Production Financial Performance/Capital Planning Effectiveness
- Reviews expenses and monitors spending in the Packaging and Molding department. Finds and implements controls to ensure budget compliance.
- Works with facility management to develop a department budget and implements controls to ensure budget compliance.
- Partners with the engineering team to identify and plan base capital investments for the operations area.
- Works withengineering, FSQR, EHS, and facility management to provide input in the development of plant capital investment strategies.
- Technical Bachelor?s Degree; or High School diploma/GED and 8+ yearsproduction or maintenance experience in lieu of degree
- At least 3years of combined experience in production supervision, maintenance supervision or project management
- Ability to communicated effectively both verbal and written within multiple levels of the organization
- Demonstrated effective systematic approach to problem solving
- Ability to organize, coordinate and accomplish multiple tasks
- Working knowledge and experience using SAP
- Working knowledge and experiencewith GFSI initiatives and programs
- Experience working in an environment with a collective bargaining agreement
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Continuous Improvement (CI) experience / Stable Operations experience
- Reliability Excellence experience / LeanSix Sigma training and/or Green Belt Certification.
Bill Marek - CEO