We are looking for a full time Ingot Plant Manager to join our Lafayette Operations facility in the Arconic Aluminum Extrusions (AEX) business unit, based in Lafayette, Indiana. This position reports to the Plant Manager and is responsible for the efficient operation of the Ingot department; this department endeavors to engage in the production of aluminum ingot at the lowest cost while meeting quality and delivery commitments. The principal emphasis of this position is to develop and motivate a team of staff and subordinates to effectively manage goals related to safety, quality, cost, and delivery. The Ingot Plant Manager manages the overall activity of the department and delegates to staff and production managers. The individual in this role develops subordinates through assignment of duties, individual counseling, and management meetings. Through the production supervisors, the Ingot Plant Manager assures that production schedules, quality standards, and proper utilization of facilities are maintained on a daily basis. Responsibilities include but are not limited to.:
- Maintaining focus on quality and delivery to internal and external customers
- Coaching hourly and salary employees on how to improve through put and eliminate delays on a daily basis
- Managing daily, weekly, and monthly spending for the Ingot department
- Integrate continuous improvement into the Ingot work areas
Basic Qualifications: •
- B.S. in Engineering, Business, Logistics, or a related field OR equivalent technical expertise in manufacturing operations
- Minimum of 7 years of management experience in an industrial plant environment
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S> person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S> Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Good communication skills are a must as well as an aptitude for detailed work requiring a high degree of accuracy
- Environmental, Health and Safety Focus/Orientation
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational, communication, problem solving, and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to establish sound priorities and objectives and be able to function in a high pressure work environment characterized by constant change
- Must be self-motivated, possess the ability to motivate others, set direction, expectations and follow-up to ensure success