In this role, the Pharmacist is responsible for Sterile IV admixture compounding/preparations of routine intravenous compounds, irrigations, chemotherapy, and parenteral nutrition.
- Weighs, measures and/or mixes ingredients or prepares medications in filling medication orders through such processes as filtering, distilling and/ or emulsifying.
- Prepares capsules or other dosage forms with measured amount of medication[s] as specified per medication order.
- Compounds and dispenses medications and other pharmaceutical supplies, and uses standard physical and chemical procedures to fill written prescriptions issued by physicians to in-patients, out-patients, emergency patients and hospital employees.
- Reviews patient profiles for the purpose of order verification, appropriateness of medications, monitoring patient therapy, monitoring for drug safety and efficacy, and performing and documenting interventions when deemed appropriate.
- Adherence to USP-797/800 standards, as well as adherence to policies and regulations on disposal of waste, including hazardous waste, demonstrative aseptic technique skills, knowledge of pharmacokinetic monitoring applications, and knowledge in specialty areas, such as, Oncology [Chemotherapeutic agents] and Hyper alimentation.
- Participates on clinical rounding, as assigned, and working with health care professionals [i.e. NP, PA, MD, RN..] to execute and coordinate safe medication dispensing and therapy management planning, as needed.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Pharmacy or Pharm D.
- Licensed and Registered in New York State
- 5 years experience in hospital pharmacy services and/or pharmaceutical services related to IV therapy preferred.
- PGY1 residency preferred.