Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’sMission and Value Propositionexplains what we do and Citi Leadership Standardsexplain how we do it. Ourmissionis to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
Citi’s goal is to become the World’s Digital Bank and we are looking for some exceptional people to join our already stellar Cloud Operations team to get us closer to that goal. Citi has already built a robust private cloud and needs industry strategy and operations leaders to grow and evolve our team to bring us to the next level.
A new role that exists on the team is that of virtualization capacity monitoring and reporting position. This person will be part of the global Virtualization Support and Operations team responsible for supporting our Infrastructure as a Service internal cloud and VSphere legacy environments focusing on capacity monitoring and reporting using vRealize Operations and Densify (Cirba)
The position reports to the CTI Global Virtualization Infrastructure and Orchestration. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining the vRealize Operations and Cirba. Responsibilities will include daily BAU support, dashboard creations, reporting and projects within each tool.
- Working with new technologies and innovative cloud platforms to create the next generation of cloud environments.
- Working with a global team spanning 4 continents
- Ability to work in one of our technology Centers of Excellence with the option to work from home one or two days a week
Technical skill sets: There are specific skill sets that are deemed "cornerstones" to a successful virtualization capacity monitoring and reporting analyst. These skills are required with a varying level of experience based upon the immediate or long-term need.
Technical analyst who is very strong with vRealize suite of tools and Densify(Cirba)
The below network requirements are essential to the position:
- 5+ years supporting Cirba in a multi-site environment
- 5+ year supporting vRealize Operations in a multi-site environment
- Overall performance and capacity management experience in the Windows and Linux spaces
- Manage vRealize Operations Manager (vROps) Infrastructure
- Upgrades of the vRealize Operations Manager Infrastructure, as needed
- Manage access control within vRealize Operations Manager
- Create and manage operational dashboards, widgets, views and reports
- Create and manage property, metric and alert definitions within vRealize Operations Manager
- Create and manage super metrics within vRealize Operations Manager
- Create and manage capacity planning projects within vRealize Operations Manager
- Create and manage operational policies within vRealize Operations Manager
- Create and manage Groups and Applications within vRealize Operations Manager
- Remediate various issues identified in vRealize Operations Manager dashboards
- Implement and manage vRealize Operations Manager solutions and management packs
- Implement and manage End Point Operations Agents
- vSphere health monitoring, Self-learning analytics with Dynamic Thresholds
- Smart Alerts, Recommended Actions landing page, Root-cause analysis and recommendations
- Monitoring of OS resources (CPU, disk, memory, network), Capacity metering, trending, right-sizing, and resource optimization
- Capacity models, what-if scenarios
- Knowledge/experience on deployment Automation and Orchestration (i.e. VMware vRealize Automation/vRealize orchestration)
- Knowledge/experience on source control application (i.e. Bitbucket, CVS, git)
- Knowledge/experience on continues integration (i.e. Jenkins, VSTS)
- knowledge/experience on configuration management (chef, bigfix, puppet)
- Plus - experience on managing public cloud (AWS, Google Cloud, Openstack)
- Experience with PowerShell and PowerCLI a plus
- Passionate about technology and its impact on customers
- Enthusiastic and charismatic presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills, team player with a positive, pro-active and self-motivating attitude and ability to operate across multiple discipline groups.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience