Black & Veatch has an exciting oppurtunity for an Infrastructure Systems West Region Director of Pipelines & Pumping Stations within our Water Business.
The overall position objectives are to contribute to significant business growth by developing new and existing clients, recruiting new professionals, retaining and rewarding the top professionals in the markets we serve, capturing the industry-leading market share of various Water work and achieving these objectives while providing a challenging and exciting work place for our employees to innovate, grow and thrive.
- Continue to grow financial revenue in pump stations, pipelines, intakes and outfalls in Northern California and the West Region.
- Hire additional professioals to the Water business in the West Region and work with business line leadership to support development of a Communities of Practice team supporting planning, design, and construction of pipeline and pump station assets.
- Expand all service areas with special emphasis on planning, asset management, infrastructure engineering, program, and construction management.
- Lead and develop the Pipelines & Pumping Stations practice in Northern California and the West Region. Be a visible internal champion.
- Senior professional working with other Planning, Program Management, and Heavy Civil senior leaders with support of all resources within Infrastructure Systems, pursuit and project teams.
- Emphasis on building strong client relationships with both internal and external clients, assisting internal clients with effective pre-positioning, winning project pursuits and growth of staff.
- Primary focus will be on Water & Energy Districts & Utilities in California and the West Region and other clients on an opportunistic basis both project execution and new business development.
- Be available as a Project Manager or Director for major pursuits.
- Increase B&V marketplace visibility by leading and assisting the Client Directors with participation in regional conferences and committees, community and civic associations, and other activities.
- 15+ years of industry experience with an emphasis in pipelines and pumping stations
- Previous experience in hiring, managing, and developing staff
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining client relationships
- Strong Business Development skills
- Prior experience in working with water, energy districts, and utilities in California and the West Region
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 15 years related work experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.