Role : INFRASTRUCTURE SPECIALIST
Location : Toronto,ON
Primary responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Introducing and integrating new technologies.
- Keeping abreast of emerging technologies, industry trends and advising management of their strategic value to the Firm.
- Implementing and maintaining business continuity technologies, policies, and procedures to ensure the Firm’s systems and information are recoverable as per established standards.
- Ensuring that the network infrastructure and related platforms are available and performing optimally.
- Responsible for security, documentation and configuration of the Firm technology systems.
- Monitoring and analyzing alerts and logs to identify potential issues with infrastructure systems.
- Performing routine audits of systems and software, as well as back-up audits and restores.
- Applying operating systems and security updates and changing configuration management.
- Providing answers and assisting peers and users with technical queries.
- Installing and configuring new hardware, software, storage and virtual servers for new projects.
- Making recommendations on process improvement.
- Sharing knowledge and expertise by creating training materials and by providing hands-on training sessions.
- Responsible for public DNS registration and ongoing management.
- Providing daily management, troubleshooting, and support of Windows and messaging infrastructure related issues.
- Providing daily support on IP telephone systems including Cisco Call Manager and Cisco Unity voicemail systems.
- Working with QA, production and application support personnel in the implementation of operational systems.
- Optimizing the availability of network systems architectures to deliver cost effective improvements that in turn deliver tangible business benefits.
- Assisting in the management and development of IDS/IPS and firewall policies and procedures.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technologies or related field is required, along with a minimum of five years of relevant experience.
- Experience in VMware virtualization, SAN Storage, Cisco switching and routing, Cisco Voip, Microsoft server OS, messaging and Active Directory.
- Ability to prepare requirements, design, program specifications and time schedules for assigned projects based on IT department’s project management standards.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with users and vendors.
- Ability to implement the necessary tools to proactively monitor, troubleshoot and where necessary, assist and provide support to third parties to solve network connectivity problems.
- Working knowledge of IDS/IPS and firewall.
- Ability to provide daily support on Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Windows Services and messaging servers.
- Ability to monitor and maintain Exchange DR replication.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work independently and in a team-based environment.