The Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City is seeking an Infrastructure Specialist to provide technical support to customers and software developers of a highly complex Stored Value Card (SVC) payment system in support of the Department of Treasury. This role will provide technical support to maintain a test lab that will simulate shipboard network environments for software testing and troubleshooting of servers, kiosks, and point of sale devices. Additionally this role will support a complex remote patch management process and work closely with IT Security Specialists to support vulnerability management functions and security compliance testing. Qualified candidates will excel in providing operational technical support in complex and dynamic circumstances.
• Associate’s degree from a two-year college or technical school or equivalent combination of education and/or work related experience. Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred.
• Microsoft Certified System Administration or Engineer training/certifications preferred.
• At least five years of computer systems analyst/network administrator experience.
• Excellent multi-tasking, analytical, customer service, and communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts to end-users and non-technical staff.
• Comprehensive knowledge and experience in using multiple hardware/software platforms/applications, and/or significant expertise in a particular technology.
• May require frequent weekend or evening hours and being on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
• Business-area specific requirements may apply.
United States citizenship is required for this position.
• Knowledge and experience with the Department of Defense Information. Network (DoDIN) to include the telecommunications services and infrastructure that support tactical ground forces and ships.
• Experience with Integrated Shipboard Network System (ISNS) and Consolidated Afloat Networks and Enterprise Services (CANES).
• Knowledge and experience with Department of Defense information assurance organizations, processes and tools.
• Experience installing/de-installing server hardware and software.
• Working knowledge of scripting languages.
• Knowledge of payment system technology.
• Experience with Host Based Security System (HBSS) and Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS).
• Information Security Certification (CompTIA Security+, GSEC, CISSP, CISM).
• Prior military service with information technology, communications, and information assurance experience; Navy shipboard experience particularly desirable.
This position requires Top Secret clearance and additional Treasury screening due to the information accessed while performing the job. These additional screenings would be initiated at the time of offer acceptance. Employment can begin before the full screenings are completed; however, continued employment is contingent on acceptable screening results.