The Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City is seeking an Infrastructure Specialist to provide technical support to customers and software developers of a highly complex Stored Value Card (SVC) payment system in support of the Department of Treasury. This role will provide technical support to maintain a test lab that will simulate shipboard network environments for software testing and troubleshooting of servers, kiosks, and point of sale devices. Additionally this role will support a complex remote patch management process and work closely with IT Security Specialists to support vulnerability management functions and security compliance testing. Qualified candidates will excel in providing operational technical support in complex and dynamic circumstances.
- Works independently; applies high-level technical skills and expertise to complex business systems and problems.
- Responsible for the effective management and efficient utilization of technical resources.
- Designs, analyzes, develops, and implements new automated systems and modifies existing applications to meet goals.
- Provides a variety of third-level help desk and end-user services including PC and server support; troubleshooting/resolution of complex problems; and equipment planning, procurement, configuration, and deployment.
- Designs, implements, and monitors the infrastructure to ensure local area network (LAN)/wide area network (WAN) and telecommunications equipment is sufficient/effective to meet goals.
- Performs troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose unique or complex network problems.
- Prepare and submit Network Boundary Requests to the enterprise network provider for configuration changes to a boundary switch in support of testing requirements.
- Install and de-install server equipment as required to support testing requirements.
- Support a remote patch management system to supportscheduled software updates and information assurance compliance requirements.
- Maintain a configuration management program for all lab equipment.
- Travel – Up to 15% once steady state operations are achieved; more significant travel of approximately 25% will be required during the initial transition period.
• Associate’s degree from a two-year college or technical school or equivalent combination of education and/or work related experience. Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred.
• Microsoft Certified System Administration or Engineer training/certifications preferred.
• At least five years of computer systems analyst/network administrator experience.
• Excellent multi-tasking, analytical, customer service, and communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts to end-users and non-technical staff.
• Comprehensive knowledge and experience in using multiple hardware/software platforms/applications, and/or significant expertise in a particular technology.
• May require frequent weekend or evening hours and being on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
• Business-area specific requirements may apply.
• Knowledge and experience with the Department of Defense Information. Network (DoDIN) to include the telecommunications services and infrastructure that support tactical ground forces and ships.
• Experience with Integrated Shipboard Network System (ISNS) and Consolidated Afloat Networks and Enterprise Services (CANES).
• Knowledge and experience with Department of Defense information assurance organizations, processes and tools.
• Experience installing/de-installing server hardware and software.
• Working knowledge of scripting languages.
• Knowledge of payment system technology.
• Experience with Host Based Security System (HBSS) and Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS).
• Information Security Certification (CompTIA Security+, GSEC, CISSP, CISM).
• Prior military service with information technology, communications, and information assurance experience; Navy shipboard experience particularly desirable.