Job Description Overview Background:
The Infrastructure Services Manager is the leader of the technical operations function, and has responsibility for overall client supportengineering (Tier 1 – 3) and the company's corporate engineering. As the company’s support oriented engineering manager, this role requires a strong operational background and organizational change and management skills. This position is highly client facing and the ideal candidate will have deep roots in customer service. The ideal candidate will be a savvy technologist, a strategic thinker, an adept leader and developer of people, and strong team player.
The Infrsatructure Servies Manager will provide day-to-day supervision and leadership for the infrastrucrure engineering teams (Systems Engineering, NetworkEngineering, and NOC). This individual will be an escalation point for client support and will be a model for customer service excellence for his or her team. The individual in this role will drive improvements in the measurement and analysis of service levels and performance to ensure consistently high quality of service. She or he will also lead ongoing staff development and adoption of systems and practices that will allow us to better serve today’s clients and scale effectively for future growth.
- Team Leadership: Hire, train, lead, and motivate individuals and managers in a team that provides 24x7x365 Tier 1 – Tier 3support to clients for private cloud and public cloud managed services. Lead MSP organizational transformation and streamline a team consisting of junior and senior engineering and support roles. Align managers with company-wide strategic goals. Evaluate and document team and employee performance. Refresh or establish policies and procedures to align with ITIL best practices for client support and internal operations and ensure they are met.
- Customer Service: Oversee technical project managers directly responsible for flow of inbound customer service requests. Coach and train technical project managers and individuals on exceptional customer service and appropriate urgency for incidents and requests. Collaborate with Service Delivery Group peer on customer service improvement initiatives.
- Metrics, Analytics, Reporting, and Business Ingelligence: Monitor, measure and analyze service levels and team performance. Ensure SLAs and SLOs are met and establish key metrics and KPIs, both customer-facing and internal. Systematically analyze available data and improve data sources to understand trends in incident handling, problem resolution, and client request fulfilment. Produce regular status reports translating data and metrics into actionable business intelligence used to guide continuous improvement initiatives and provide feedback to senior level management.
- MSP Tools, Systems, and NetworkSupport: Provide for client monitoring, service health and problem reporting, and ongoing management tasks through appropriate tools and processes with multi-disciplinary MSP Engineering team. Provide for ongoing management of service provider infrastructure.
- Strategic and Tactical Operations Planning: Work with colleagues across business functions, especially the Service Delivery, Professional Services, and Product teams to identify, plan, prioritize, evaluate and deliver service capabilities and tools required to better meet customer requirements from a managed services support perspective.
- Budget Management: Forecast staffing and budget requirements. Monitor and control MSP related expenses to ensure financialtargets are met
- BS in related field; advanced degree a plus
- 7+ years of experience in a 24x7, customer facing, highly technical service operations environment. 5+ years in a supervisory management position. Strong commitment to outstanding customer service.
- Leadership, people development and performance management skills, especially demonstrated ability to manage and develop engineering talent.
- Experiencesupporting a broad array of mission critical workloads, preferably highly customized B2B SaaS platform support or full stack application support.
- Experiencewith private and public cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, VMware). Capable of technical deep-dives into application requirements, networking, operating systems and server infrastructure.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills. Ability to clearly articulate business and technical problems in terms of data and symptoms, causes and effects, and potential remedies. Able to weigh alternatives and make recommendations synthesizing engineering and business reasoning.
- Proven ability to understand trends, anticipate problems and opportunities, and drive process and performance improvement.
- Experiencewith data mining, analytics, and business intelligence reporting a plus. Familiarity with relational databases and SQL a plus; proficiency with data visualization highly desirable.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills to maintain a round the clock operation. Exceptional written and oral communication skills and ability to provide effective guidance asynchronously across multiple time zones.
- Self-motivated, self-directed with excellent time management skills and ability to handle and adapt to changing priorities and special projects in a high growth environment.
- Grace under pressure
Job Type: Full-time
- infrastructure/network protocols: 7years
- people management: 3years
- cloud hosting and data center: 7years