Infrastructure Services Lead
Less than 5 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Salary depends on experience
Posted on 04/20/18
Less than 5 years experience
Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Salary depends on experience
Posted on 04/20/18
What you’ll get to do:
- Responsible for the end-to-end delivery of IT services and hardware for ensuring that these meet the requirements of the Business.
- Manage the infrastructure to support multiple Services and/or (internal and external) delivery units.
- Work closely with Service Managers, ITIL Process Managers, Team Managers and other key delivery roles and functions as required to align service design, service transition and service execution.
More About the Role:
- Supervise team of system, network and database administrators/engineer providing leadership, guidance and support to the team by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and mentoring employees.
- Manage end to end lifecycle of all Infrastructure and Platform requirements needed to deliver highly available, accessible, redundant and scalable solutions and services.
- Responsible for integrity of all Data Center infrastructure needs as well as connectivity to partners/vendor environments.
- Works with Service Desk Configuration Manager to ensure proper tracking of all IT Infrastructure assets
- The Service Infrastructure Lead resolves cross-Service / cross-Provider / cross-Tower / cross- Delivery Unit etc. infrastructure issues .
- Ensures that service levels are maintained and continually improved, and that any problems with the day-to-day delivery of services are minimized with respect to infrastructure.
- Responsible for the oversight of staff in support of existing Infrastructure technologies used in delivering an Open Architecture, and recommendations for updates, EOL, for IT Infrastructure (Compute, Storage, Network, and Virtualization) and Platform (OS, Tool Stack, Middleware, Database) services to support the mission.
- The role will be required to work consultatively with our Service Delivery Managers and Engineers, Information Security, Risk Management and other business units to design, deliver and maintain the infrastructure needs for services across the credit union.
- Responsible for designing, building and supporting on premise data center technologies as well as integrating when appropriate with OEMs, 3rd parties and partners.
- Manage IT Service Management processes around Incident, Request, Problem and Change management in relation to the IT infrastructure needs of the organization.
- Responsible for monitoring, response and reporting around Infrastructure and Integration issues and outages.
- Ownership of infrastructure management tools and administration for directory services (Microsoft AD or other), virus/malware protection, system monitoring and alerting
- Monitor and maintain Cisco based networkinfrastructure and components for multi-data center, and other site locations.
- Evaluate, test and make recommendations on technology road maps, new tools and processes to improve infrastructure delivery.
- Provision physical, virtual and cloud solutions to deliver the optimal infrastructure for service delivery.
You’ll bring these qualifications:
- BachelorDegree in Computer Science or Engineering Discipline from an accredited four (4) year college or university; or four years in a related field; or any combination of experience and/or training equivalent to Bachelordegree in a related field, plus five years related experience.
- ITILv3 Foundations Certification
- TS/SCI Cleared
- Security CE+, Network +
- Network and Systems Administration (CCIE, CCNP, CCNA, MCSA/MCSE)
- Linux/Microsoft Certification for 8570 compliance
- Five (5) years of systems engineering in support of network, systems and data center administration, preferably in DoD.
- Demonstrated technical skills in complex, highly available, secure networks and infrastructure
- Exemplary technical and business assessment skills to evaluate strategic value of technology systems, data solutions and work processes to serve members and employees.
COMPUTER EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience with the most current technologies, products and solutions used in the industry.
- Experience with multiple hardware compute and storage platforms and associated software such as Dell, EMC, HP, NetAPP,
- Preferred Platforms include: Pivotal Cloud Foundry; AWS; Linux Platform; RedHat RHEL; Microsoft Platform, IIS, DB; Cisco Hardware, Networking; ITSM tool sets (Zenoss, Remedy, ServiceNow, etc.); Microsoft Visio or diagraming experience a plus. Scriptingexperience – Ansible, Java, Perl, etc. Additional knowledge of the following a plus: IT Frameworks (ITIL, TOGAF, COBIT, ISO20000)
These Qualifications would be Nice to Have:
- ITILv3 Infrastructure Certified
- Experience in Air Force Systems and Applications
- Open Architecture
- AWS or Micosoft Azure Cloud