About the job
We are looking for hands-on security engineers who are passionate about building and defending.
What you'll do
- You'll be pushing the boundaries of securitytechnology to create defenses for large scale production infrastructure, enterprise systems, and cloud services.
- Provide subject matter expertise on architecture, authentication, and systems security
- Perform security assessments of production, corporate, and cloud infrastructure
- Harden our clients, servers, and networks against exploitation and privilege escalation
- Instrument systems to enable detection of intrusions and abuse
- Create services and tools to secure our data
What you'll need
- 3 years experience with operating systems internals and hardening (Linux, OS X, Windows)
- A firm grasp of networking protocols and operations
- Programming skills (Python, Go, C, Java, Bash, PowerShell)
- AWS and Cloud Security knowledge
- Applied cryptography and key management
- Thorough understanding of authentication, authorization, and directory services
About the Team
Uber's Security team works to ensure the security of all private, personal and payment information for our full set of users - riders, drivers and partners. Our ultimate goal is to ensure that every single experience with Uber is simple, secure, and safe.