Infrastructure Security Architect
To assist in the execution of the vision, future direction, and initiative road-map for strategic,Securityinfrastructuretechnology programs and to help define the reference and implementationarchitectures for strategic,infrastructuretechnologysolutions for Vanguard.
This position will lead securityarchitecture initiatives partnering with architecture teams across Cloud, Co-location data centers and International infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with Architecture Offices to secure major IT initiatives and investments.
Drives technology planning, researching and proposing best in class security capabilities.
- Provides the architectural leadership in shaping strategic, securityinfrastructuretechnology programs for Vanguard.
- Enhances security team accomplishments and competence by helping to plan delivery of solutions; answers technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaches improved processes.
- Assists in determining security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researches information security standards; conducts system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studies architecture/platform; identifies integration issues.
- Assists in the plan and design of security systems by evaluating network and securitytechnologies; develops requirements for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, and related security and network devices; designs public key infrastructures (PKIs), including use of certification authorities (CAs) and digital signatures as well as hardware and software; adhering to industry standards.
- Has extensive knowledge of the virtual environment including VMware, Linux OS and ConvergedInfrastructure.
- Implements security systems by helping to specify intrusion detection methodologies and equipment; directs equipment and software installation and calibration; prepares preventive and reactive measures. Creates, transmits, and maintains keys; provides technical support; completes documentation.
- Verifies security systems by developing and implementing test scripts. Maintains security by monitoring and ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures; conducts incident response analyses; developing and conducting training programs.
- Upgrades security systems by monitoring security environment; identifies security gaps; evaluates and implements enhancements. Prepares system securityreports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards; participates in educational opportunities; reads professional publications; maintains personal networks; participates in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; explores opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Communicates complicated technical concepts effectively to a broad group of stakeholders. Establishes relationships with IT leaders, architects, and technical specialists for the purpose of advancing proposed architectural solutions.
- Utilizes a general understanding of the competitive landscape and corporate and business unit strategies to provide context for security architectural decision making.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduatedegreepreferred or equivalent combination of training or experience.
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in infrastructuresecurityexperience.
- Certification- CISSP required. GSEC preferred.