Presidio is a leading North American IT solutions provider focused on Digital Infrastructure, Cloud and Security solutions to create agile, secure infrastructure platforms for middle-market customers. We deliver this technology expertise through a full life cycle model of professional, managed, and support services including strategy, consulting, implementation and design. By taking the time to deeply understand how our clients define success, we help them harness technology advances, simplify IT complexity and optimize their environments today while enabling future applications, user experiences, and revenue models. As of June 30, 2018, we serve approximately 8,000 middle-market, large, and government organizations across a diverse range of industries. Approximately 2,900 Presidio professionals, including more than 1,600 technical engineers, are based in 60+ offices across the United States in a unique, local delivery model combined with the national scale of a $2.8 billion dollar industry leader. We are passionate about driving results for our clients and delivering the highest quality of service in the industry. Presidio is majority owned by affiliates of investment funds managed by affiliates of Apollo Global Management, LLC (NYSE:APO).
Presidio Networked Solutions is a leading provider of advanced IT solutions that address the complete technology lifecycle for the enterprise, commercial and government markets. Presidio's comprehensive solutions portfolio comprises unified communications, wireless, security, storage, networkinfrastructure and managed services. The Project Manager facilitates all phases of the project implementation, while maintaining budget, communications, and objective of the overall project.
- Manage complex IT infrastructure projects that meet our customer project requirements in the following areas:
- Cisco Core Routing and Switching, Security
- Cisco Unified Communications
- Cisco Wireless
- EMC Storage
- Data Center technologies
- Performs day-to-day management of all phases of the project including, verifying project requirements, design, development, test, and deployment of each project.
- Completes critical path analyses and tracking to maintain an accurate and updated view of the activities and deliverables to ensure the project is delivered on time, within budget, and meets or exceeds customer satisfaction goals.
- Manages resource planning and assignments by partnering withinternal staff to determine the project approach, staffing, responsibilities, and schedules according to the project timeline.
- Ensures that all project resources are all used effectively.
- Defines team member roles and expectations and ensures effective communication between all parties involved in the project.
- Manages projects while balancing appropriate gross margin and billable utilization targets as defined by annual goals. This includes reviewing and completing weekly timesheet and expense approvals for project teams.
- Monitors cost to provide accounting support for project time, materials, and services. This may include monitoring carriers and equipment suppliers to ensure that hardware and circuits are tracked and billed correctly.
- Coordinates all project activities with business owners/stakeholders and other support, technical infrastructure, and application teams.
- Manages relationships and coordinates work between vendors, customers, sub-contractors, and engineering teams throughout various locations.
- Manages the completion and distribution of all deliverables to customers, by tracking the delivery status and installation schedules, in accordance with required timeframes.
- Assures that the expected service levels are met and that all Statement of Work deliverables meet quality standards.
- Oversees change management on the overall project scope, according to a predefined change process, to meet project goals.
- Creates and maintains project implementation plans, risk mitigation plans, design documents, project budget, status reports, and all other project management-related documentation. This includes updating all internal systems to ensure all documented information aligns with the current project status.
- Resolves all client satisfaction issues and develops a partner relationship for the long term benefit of the client and the vendor.
Leadership and development
- Educates internal resources on the value of project management and its contribution to the growth of the company.
- Actively participates in the development of leading practices.
- Participates in technical presentations for customers, partners, and prospects.
- Remains up-to-date on relevant solutions, products, and services by attending internal PM training/meetings, achieving Developmental Plan goals, and obtaining PM certifications.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience and/or military experience
- 5 + years of IT Project Management experience
- Worked on Cisco, Security, Firewall, VoIP, VCE vBlock, or Wireless projects
- Project Management experience in one or more of the following Cisco product line (Routing, Switching, Security, Unified Communication, Data Center Virtualization using VMware and EMC product lines
- Proficient with MS Project and MS Office Suite
- PMP certification is highly preferred, but not required
Basic Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of administration and management principles, specifically in; strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, and active listening skills.
- Operative active learning skills to understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Superior project management, time management, and coordination skills to plan, organize, staff, and direct the overall production of a project.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking, appropriate judgment, and logical decision-making skills.
- Effective monitoring, instructing, and quality control analysis skills, to evaluate the quality of performance and take corrective action when necessary.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills with the ability to manage relationships by persuading and negotiating with others.
- Ability to solve problems using deductive and inductive reasoning and see tasks through to completion with minimal guidance.
- Ability to utilize information ordering skills to create defined patterns according to specific rules and procedures.
- Ability to apply solutions, technology and products to a business opportunity.
- Ability to sense and forecast problem areas.
- Ability to coordinate across various groups and functional teams.
Years in Industry: 3-5 Intermediate
Bachelors or better in Management Information Systems or related field.
5 years:Project Management and supervising a team
Licenses & Certifications