Infrastructure Project Manager
* Directs and monitors all activities for large, high risk, major technology-based projects from initiation to delivery; projects cross platforms, applications, and/or business lines
* Works with stakeholders to develop technology concepts, requirements, design alternatives, project schedules, and costs for project initiatives
* Plans and directs complex project and program schedules and budgets, monitoring and tracking
* This position includes responsibility for directly managing members of the Engineering team to ensure timely completion of project work, resolution of support items, BAU maintenance, and documentation.
* Manage all phases, dependencies, risks, and strategy to meet project and account objectives
* Provides consistent and comprehensive status reports, project updates, and ongoing cost analyses, significant issue management and resolution
* Manages ADE IT Infrastructure personnel, including network & server Administrators.
* Participates in planning and budget development. Capacity planning for I&O and licensing compliance.
* Plans, administers and reviews the Hardware / Software acquisition & Development of mission critical systems. Manages ongoing operational and project related work performed by the IT Infrastructure team.
* Plans & manages Infrastructure projects and special initiatives for Service Transformation within Prod Services Dept.
* Oversees the planning and delivery of IT infrastructure Projects, including hardware/software installation & configuration.
* Executes functional departmental business plans and contributes to the development of functional or departmental strategies. Improve security posture of agency.
* Provides leadership and guidance to professional staff. Acts as Incident Mgr. for critical events.
* Reviews the progress of all operational projects and reports on the performance to management. Perform audits.
* Identifies major resource constraints that impact implementation of desired organizational goals
* Develops plans and delivers results in fast-changing environment
* Provides input to functional or departmental strategy, participates in budget planning, and processes procurement forms as needed. Attend CABs and ensure team availability for changes windows. Delivers work effort and project artifacts that demonstrate a commitment to transparency and traceability
* Directs the activities of project staff and is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources are allocated and maintained to facilitate the successful completion of the project
* Ensures the ongoing process/system capability associated with projects and manages any changes required to meet or exceed the expectations established in project designs
* Works with product owner to coordinate training plans for newly released functionality
* Works with system users to capture system deficiencies and work with product owner to manage change control
* Identify/recommend process improvements when gaps are uncovered
* BS Degree CS or MIS or equivalent
* 5+years?experience in Software project management roles
* PMP, Six Sigma, Agile certification strongly preferred
* Proficient in project and program management techniques, understands multiple software development methodologies, and uses current tools and techniques to monitor and measure project performance
* Listens, asks appropriate questions, and respects the viewpoints of others
* Builds mutual trust and encourages respect and cooperation among team members; builds morale and team productivity by recognizing and praising the efforts and achievements of the team
* Works effectively across team boundaries; develops and maintains constructive and cooperative working relationships with others
* Demonstrated ability to use discretion and make sound decisions
* Ability to excel in a collaborative and distributed team environment
* Ability to work with a minimal amount of direction while being pro-active in keeping management informed of project related issues, changes, and risks
* Ability to work under pressure and maintain confidentiality
* Ability to effectively communicate with various levels of employees ranging from entry level to senior leadership
* Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time and shift priorities quickly
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Proven strong relationship-building and communication skills with team members and business users
* Experience in the education industry preferred