Job Title: Infrastructure Project Manager
Location: Phoenix, AZ 85012
Duration:12+ months (Strong possibility for an extension)
- The Division of Technology Services (DTS) is seeking an Infrastructure Technical Project Manager who will oversee and manage multiple Executive Management projects for the Chief Operations Officer (COO), which includes but not limited to, service delivery, Commercial Off- The- Shelf (COTS) applications, Data Center Operations, infrastructure related technologies, various Database (DB) and Information Rights Management (IRM) technologies, virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) deployments, as well as DTS projects related to other areas impacting the organization.
- The person in this position will identify business needs and develop solutions to meet the needs of the customer; determine processing requirements and identify equipment and/or resources necessary to accomplish projects; prepare/review Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) documentation and implement projects using Waterfall or Agile/Scrum methodologies, assign work to appropriate staff, establish work plans, schedules, and deadlines; monitor and track progress of projects to meet deadlines.
- The Technical Project Manager will serve as an instrumental contributor responsible for the enforcement of policies, standards, and procedures for projects within the COO's areas in order to move the organization to a high performing culture. Additionally, this position will identify project crossover with regards to multiple simultaneous work streams.
- IT strategic planning, best practices in solution design architecture, industry best practices in all facets of IT application and infrastructure development and maintenance.
- Principles and practices of project management based in PMI principles.
- Project initiation, planning, estimating, execution, monitoring, controlling and closing.
- Operational support based in Information TechnologyInfrastructure Library (ITIL) processes.
- IT SDLC and Agile/Scrum methodologies, product life cycle, and infrastructure operational support
- IT procurement processes.
- Statistics and metrics.
- Conceptualizing, design and modification of automation/IT projects; problem identification, analysis, formulating solutions, formulating alternatives and making recommendations.
- Process orientation such that process will drive the organization to successful outcomes of IT solutions within the Department of Economic Security.
- Conflict resolution with strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills and a creative and flexible approach to problem solving.
- Strong negotiation skills with clear understanding of project cost management and business analysis approaches.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Partner with various divisions leading a high degree of customer satisfaction through IT support services.
- Analyze, evaluate and draw logical conclusions as they relate to business problems and technical solutions.
- Manage projects, author technical design and project management documents, and prepare a variety of reports.
- Communicate effectively with individuals at all organizational levels. Ability to deal with ambiguity and define approaches to bring issues to resolution.
- Lead people, build relationships and influence other functional areas.
- Take initiative, multi task and work concurrently on multiple projects and tasks.
- Will possess Project Management Certification (PMP) governed by the Project Management Institute (PMI); or, Certified Scrum Master; Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Training; Information TechnologyInfrastructure Library (ITIL) v3 Foundation.
- Advanced experienced in Server, storage, networking, .Net, SQL Database, PM, Scrum, Agile and Waterfall, It testing, QA Processes, and distributed TFS. Intermediate experience in JAVA, COBOL/Natural, ADABAS/DB2, and Mainframe