Position: Infrastructure Project Manager
Location: Atlanta GA
Duration: Full Time
The Senior Project Manager position is to provide direction and leadership to project team members for small-to-large sized application and/or infrastructure projects that are moderate to high complexity. The Project Manager will ensure project results contribute positive business value and meets agreed upon scope, cost, schedule and quality business results. The Project Manager acts as a change agent for IT, provides program / project management methodology fundamentals and expertise.
Job Requirements and Skills:
- Directs the initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, controlling and close of an entire project
- Ability to contribute and champion usage of structured project management methodology (to include Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, Iterative, etc.)
- Experience in infrastructure life cycle and other technical management concept, processes, and methodologies
- Strong PM to manage a very tight timeline project to stand-up the infrastructure of a data center within a data center.
- The PM should have Cloud engineeringexperience and facility experience.
- Lead team members in achieving desired deliverable creation outcomes
- Possess IT and formal program/project management knowledge as well as ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines based on logical work breakdown structures aligned to critical path
- Manage project dependencies, milestones, and critical path
- Analyze, manage, and report project performance ?financialreporting, resource allocation, task delegation and stakeholder management
- Analyze multiple types and sources of information to generate insight on project performance
- Ability to provide financial forecast and on-going reconciliation of resources and other project related expenditures
- Demonstrate financial awareness to control costs and think in terms of profit, loss, and added value.
- Help Stakeholders, IT Portfolio Teams, Business Partners and Business Users understand their roles and responsibilities within the project
- Develops and executes an overall project schedule, including tasks, duration, dependencies, and resource assignments
- Controls and tracks changes to scope, time, cost, quality, issues, and risk
- Leads completion of project objective, such as procurement, quality planning, service level agreements, and customer training
- Requests the needed resources for a project and gets them oriented to work on the project
- Ensures product deliverables? quality, such as functional specifications, logical and physical data design, solution design and detailed design, test plans, and completed solution
- Manages vendor relationships according to contract terms and conditions
- Obtains appropriate stage-gate approvals from business and IT sponsor
Leadership & Business Acumen:
- Key industry certifications such as CAPM, PMP, PgM, etc., preferred
- Previous airline, travel, and / or transportation industry experiencepreferred
- Strong track record managing and executing IT projects and formal project management knowledge
- Experience with stakeholder management, working with stakeholders to confirm understanding before drawing conclusions
- Effective communication with cross functional project team, gaining trust and building consensus
- Ensures team understands the business benefits of the project and connects the project to the broader organizational goals
- Evaluates risks, assess possible outcomes and solves problems
- Manages vendor relationships according to contract terms and conditions and works with vendors as needed
- Resolves issues in a timely manner. When appropriate, escalate problems and issues to stakeholders and sponsor
- Monitors individual performance, maintains team morale and provides feedback to resource managers
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to make effective presentations and communicate technical concepts to non-technical clients
- Exceptional planning, organizational and leadership skills and ability to direct the work of others
- Ability to direct the work of others, build and maintain cohesive motivated matrix teams across a large enterprise
- Strong business judgment, consulting and customer service skills
- 10+ years experience managing cross functional projects or programs
? Communication Skills- The ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of employees and management, capable of successful formal and informal communication, speaks and writes clearly and understandably at the right level.
? Integrity and Trust - Involves being widely trusted, being seen as a direct, truthful individual, can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner, keeps confidences, admits mistakes, and doesn?t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
? Teamwork - Involves working well in a collaborative setting, supporting work team by volunteering for and completing assignments, acting as a positive team member by contributing to discussions, developing and maintaining both formal and informal relationships enterprise-wide, defines success in terms of the entire team through mentoring and knowledge transfer.
? Technical Expertise - Involves demonstrating a commitment to increasing knowledge and skills in current technical/functional area, keeping up to date on technical developments, staying informed as to industry practices, knowing how to apply relevant technical processes to appropriate business needs.
Job Specific Competencies:
? Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal/external customers, gets customer information and uses it for improvements, acts with the customer in mind, establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
? Dedication - Involves demonstrating a desire to dedicate time and energy to accomplish goals, tasks, assignments, etc. Will do what it takes to get things done.
? Partners with the Business - Acts as valued partner to the business, develops relationships with the customer, deals honestly and effectively with business partners, is seen in a positive light by the business/customer.
? Patience - Involves listening and checking before acting. Is tolerant with people and processes, tries to understand the people and the data before making judgments and acting, sensitive to due process and proper approaches.