As the IT Infrastructure & Operations Manager, you are responsible for managing day-today infrastructure and operations activities. You drive infrastructure transformation initiatives and improve operational processes by partnering with other CORE Infrastructure teams such as Network, Security, Cloud and Application Development teams.
This job might be for you if you have:
- Drive infrastructure transformation initiatives with cross functional teams.
- Work closely with project managers to help completing project tasks.
- Track incidents, changes, and problems to provide insights, themes, and drive optimization.
- Develop operational reports, dashboards, and processes to monitor and analyze availability, SLA and performance metrics.
- Monitor trouble tickets to identify impacted system and application outages that require follow-up analysis.
- Drive resolution of high-severity outages impacting IT infrastructure. Provide problem resolution for highly complex issues.
- Participate and drive business continuity and recovery of company's information systems, including needs analysis, design, plan, implementation and documentation.
- Participate in development of design strategy, including technology standardization and modernization, and engineering best practices.
- Manage priorities, projects, schedules, resources, issues and risks effectively.
- Minimum of five years of experience working with Infrastructure enterprise technologies such as datacenter technology, storage and Windows servers, cloud, authentication solutions, and disaster recovery virtualization
- Technical experience with major infrastructure components such as Servers, Storage, Network, Databases
- Hands on experience with public and private cloud infrastructures (VMWare, Azure and AWS)
- Experience working in a multi-cultural and multi-vendor environment in a multi-discipline team in multiple country locations with sound knowledge in building effective working relationships
- Operations experience, including capacity planning and forecasting, risk management, incident response and recovery, and business continuity, required.
- Cyber Security, SOX Compliance, PCI and Data Privacy (GDPR) are preferred.
- Experience with ITIL v3 preferred; ITIL v3 Foundations certification desired.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills and excellent, proven analytical skills