Information Technology (IT) is the department that is responsible for the Firm's network infrastructure, computer, and telephone systems. The Enterprise Infrastructure Team is a group within IT that maintains and supports a reliable, stable, and high performing network and systems environment.
The Infrastructure Operations Team Lead/Engineer serves as both an initial and secondary point of escalation for complex, enterprise level issues. The Enterprise Infrastructure Operations team delivers support services for: security, servers, storage, backup, disaster recovery, data replication, messaging, networking, SQL database operations, and other critical business systems. This includes working across multiple IT teams to meet performance and uptime service level agreements.
This role includes responsibilities both for assisting the Enterprise Infrastructure Operations Manager in coordinating team efforts, as well as hands-on engineering and troubleshooting. This includes distributing workload according to availability and skillset, and follow-up to ensure expectations of customer communication and satisfaction are met. It is also expected that the individual will be able to provide a level of troubleshooting guidance to other engineers if needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Time management, diligence, and follow-through both for tasks delegated by management and self-assigned.
- Technical guidance for other Enterprise Infrastructure Operations engineers as required to meet their responsibilities.
- Develop, implement, administer, and support Nutanix and VMware based virtual server and various storage infrastructures.
- Virtual machine implementation and lifecycle management.
- Tune, upgrade, diagnose, and perform system maintenance on physical and virtual devices.
- Work with resources in other departments to help ensure SOPs are followed and standards maintained.
- Implement proactive maintenance procedures.
- Create and maintain virtual machine (VM) templates for multiple operating systems.
- Maintain and basic troubleshooting of voice and video communication technologies including Avaya, Microsoft Lync/Skype, Cisco video conferencing, etc.
- Track and log all activity for incidents and resolutions in ticketing system.
- Contribute to the service desk knowledge base.
- Maintain asset management system to ensure that IT resources are accounted for and secure.
- Participate in technology planning activities for the firm.
- Continue to develop skills, knowledge, and ability to improve processes and procedures as well as to keep updated on trends and developments in the industry. This includes meeting annual personal development goals.
- Audit documentation and Business/IT Service tracking systems to ensure quality is maintained.
- Maintain the integrity of the production environment data through strong controls and processes.
- Participate in on-call rotation to ensure 24x7 support of infrastructure systems and database operations, including escalating to senior engineers and/or vendors where appropriate.
- Professional work week. Extended hours as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including a demonstrated ability to interact and communicate with all levels of an organization. Attention to detail and proven relationship building techniques are critical.
- Discretely handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Must be able to concisely communicate issues and document problem resolution.
- Outstanding technology, operational, and client support skills.
- 5+ years corporate IT support preferred, including:
- Virtualized server operations (preferably VMware and/or Nutanix).
- Windows Server operating systems.
- Active Directory and related support tools. This includes basic OU rights and administration, group policy, sites and services, DHCP, DNS, etc.
- Software platforms, including Microsoft Exchange 2013, VMware management tools, Nutanix Prism, Solarwinds, & Microsoft Office.
- Experience in data center infrastructure based operational tasks.
- Experience in data management, backup and replication methodologies. Zerto experience is a plus.
- Experience with basic Microsoft SQL Server administration and support is preferred.
- Ability to work independently and be reliable.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure production environment.
- Must possess a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- ITIL experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university or any combination of training, education, or experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.