Infrastructure Operations Architect
START YOUR APPLICATION
Infrastructure Operations Architect
Who we are
VHB’s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments. Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
The Infrastructure Operations Architect is primarily responsible for overseeing both the technical and managerial aspects of the organization’s server and storage infrastructure. They manage and coordinate all IT infrastructure projects to meet company and client needs.
To effectively perform this role, the Infrastructure Operations Architect must be aware of the strategic direction of the organization as well as have a general understanding of emerging technologies and to select the right technology that enables the organization to move forward. To be effective in this position, this individual must be able to lay out a strategy that VHB leadership will understand and support.
Duties and Responsibilities
Storage – Be the subject matter expert for designing storage architectures that leverage local, private cloud, or public cloud solutions such as Amazon Web Services, Azure or similar to increase data availability and resilience for the organization. The IOA will partner closely across all Technology teams to make sure the storage solutions designed are successfully implemented in a collaborative manner across the organization. Manage and configure SAN equipment that handles data storage, vaults, private and cloud replication between VHB offices.
Servers – The Infrastructure Architect must have a good understanding of server technologies. This includes operating systems, as well as physical and virtual servers.
Applications –Identify and implement solutions in the global server virtualization and virtual desktop infrastructure platforms, develop and maintain workload analysis, template management and automation of server builds.
Backup - The IOA will be responsible for setting recovery point objectives for the organization and ensuring that recovery time objectives are met in regard to data backup and restoration associated to business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Develop, maintain, and execute business continuity plans for disaster recovery.
- Oversee the configuration, monitoring, and maintenance of backup/recovery software and hardware so that it complies with specified security guidelines.
- Developing and maintaining backup/recovery policy and procedure documentation.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs as first level manager.
- Development of infrastructure building blocks for simplicity, availability, performance, integrity, stability and scalability of global enterprise systems that next generation data center technologies, virtual infrastructure, and storage.
- Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. networks, storage (SAN/NAS), Cloud, Security, Lifecycle Management and Operations.
- Develop and support a proactive asset management, including maintenance of infrastructure component inventory, life cycle management, and related documentation.
- Provides team “ownership” of initiatives and problem resolution through completion.
- Test server/storage performance and provide performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining server infrastructure.
- Responding to requests for information for internal system audits
- Direct and administrate a contingent of administrators, network analysts and technicians, and where necessary, conduct performance reviews and corrective action.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with Windows server and desktop OS’s, networking devices, Active Directory, DNS, storage systems, SQL Server, VMWare.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft AD, GPO administration, profile management, folder redirection and Windowssecurity settings.
- Experience and knowledgeable with VMware, NetApp and VDI environments
- Extensive knowledge of department processes with 10 years’ experience in the related area as an individual contributor and supervisor.
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for nearly 40 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.