Our client is an American international banking and financial services company and one of the most recognized names in the financial services space.
They are currently looking for an Infrastructure Monitoring Specialist to be based in New York.
- Maintain and tune infrastructure related to the firm’s Electronic Trading platforms.
- Work with application developers, production support and infrastructure
- Develop in-house solutions for application and infrastructure monitoring.
- Evaluate and integrate vendor solution options
- Perform research, develop proof of concept, negotiate with vendors and on-board technical solutions
- Research emerging technologies for R&D
- Tune the OS with regards to trading operations, evaluating hardware, latency and throughput
- Stress testing of current network and technology stack
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in CS, Engineer, Math or comparable
- Must have previous experience in Electronic Trading
- Strong familiarity with current hardware offerings
- Experienced in tuning OSs, hardware and networks for high performance solutions
- Strong experience in hardware and network fault tolerance offerings.
- Excellent level of high speed storage tech
- Development experience with Python or otherscriptinglanguage
- A strong commitment to metrics driven evaluation and development
- Knowledge of FIX protocol
- Background in statistics and mathematical analysis