Infrastructure Monitoring / Automation Engineer
5 - 7 years experience •
As the largest pure-play IT services provider serving the U.S. government sector, CSRA is where you can come to be successful. Join a collaborative team, solving customer issues and accessing an array of resources for your success. Take advantage of tremendous opportunities as you help us chart our path to industry leadership, and tap into our collective 90+ year heritage. CSRA represents the coming together – figuratively and literally – of two outstanding companies: the North American Public Sector business of CSC, and SRA. Join us and watch your career take flight.
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) mission is to preserve and promote public confidence in the U.S. financial systems by insuring deposits in banks and thrift institutions for up to $250,000; by identifying, monitoring, and addressing risks to the deposit insurance funds; and by limiting the effect on the account and the financial system when a bank or thrift institution fails.
CSRA provides the day-to-day operational services to FDIC in support of infrastructure, facilities, hardware, software, and systems. CSRA supports operational security, client support/help desk, data center operations, asset management, and systems engineering service areas.
CSRA seeks an infrastructure monitoring/automation engineer. US Citizenship is required. Background Investigation is required; you must have a current clean financial background.
- Responsibilities Include:
- Implementation, support and management of the Enterprise Monitoring tools, as well as design and strategy of the monitoring infrastructure as a whole.
- Ensure all relevant infrastructure and services are properly covered within our monitoring and alerting systems in a manner consistent with our standards; collect the right metrics at the right frequency and ensure the data is readily available for effective alerting, reporting, and analysis
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of dev, ops, and architects to understand complex application architectures in order to implement an effective top-down monitoring strategy for holistic service visibility
- Participate in strategy and future implementation discussions for the redesign and implementation of the monitoring environment to modernize with latest technology trends.
- Work with multiple teams and stakeholders to determine best monitoring approach of systems and applications.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues with monitoring tools and ensure high availability
- In-depth experience installing, configuring, maintaining monitoring tools such as IBM Netcool, SCOM, SolarWinds, CA Performance Management
- Knowledge of Windows and Unix/Linux operating system management and administration
- Experience monitoring critical systems and network infrastructure in a large enterprise environment
- Experience working with SNMP to monitor networks and servers
- Proficient with requirements management & system modeling tools
- Familiarity with LAN/WAN technologies and clear understanding of basic network concepts / services and VLANS
- Able to work independently on individual assignments, while collectively with a team on larger projects.
- Strong understanding of multitier application architectures and application runtime environments
-Experience troubleshooting applications and scripts by accessing and analyzing logs on UNIX and Windows servers.
- Basic development or scripting experience such as Java, C++, PowerShell, Python, Ruby or Perl
-Proficient use and understanding of systems engineering concepts, principles, and theories
-Familiarity with workflow management and ITSM tools such as ServiceNow
-Good communications skills
BS or equivalent
5+ years of information technology experience, with a desired 3+ years in a relevant critical infrastructure monitoring role or similar position.
CSRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all Qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to Race, Color, Religion, Sex, National Origin, Disability Status, Protected Veteran Status or any other Characteristic Protected by Law.