This is a member of the Middleware Engineering – Websphere/Weblogic team. The team is responsible for environment ownership and tier 3 support of distributed applications leveraging our IBM Websphere Application Server and Oracle Weblogic environments.
- Provide hands on technical support and perform environment lifecycle activities.
- Support and perform change review gate activities.
- Project support for new and existing application implementations.
- Deep dive troubleshooting for high and critical impact events.
- Identify monitoring opportunities for early detection and prevention to increase system up time.
- Create playbooks and documentation that can be transitioned to tier 2 support teams for incident resolution for supported applications.
- Collaborate with IT Infrastructure and application teams.
- Expertise in one or more active Unix/Linux distributions and platforms.
- MSWindows Server experience helpful.
- Experience in a cloud environment (Pivotal Cloud Foundary or othertechnologies).
- Middleware expertise in 1 or more of the followingtechnologies;
- IBM WebSphere Application Server, Oracle Weblogic, Tomcat, Apache HTTP Server, IBM IHS
- Ability to use and suggest changes to Enterprise Monitoring tools such as Wily, Steel Central, HP SiteScope, Splunk to detect potential performance issues and for use in triage.
- Scripting knowledge in 1 or more of the followinglanguages;
- Shell (ksh, bsh, etc)
- Experience with otherInfrastructuretechnologies (Network Administration, Database Administration, other Operating Systems)
- Experience in multi-platform distributed environment.
- Experience analyzing server logs to isolate impact.
- College degree in Information Systems or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5-8years’ experience in Information Technology.
- Experience working with the project management cycle.
- Familiarity with software delivery life cycle (SDLC) methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to develop customized solutions to meet business requirements.
- Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load and meet project deadlines.
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with health care or pharmacy benefit management industry very helpful.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines.
Job Id: REQ20009996