Infrastructure Middleware Administrator
Are you self-driven and thrive in a fast paced, success-oriented environment? We are seeking an energetic individual to be a part of a high performing, collaborative and technically diverse team where every day is different. As a Sr Technical Administrator, you will work alongside others to support mission-critical hosting, integration, reporting and automation platforms. You will enable the success of operations and development teams through collaboration, technical capability, and a passion for professional development.
Who is Farm Bureau Financial Services?
At Farm Bureau Financial Services, we make insurance simple so our client/members can feel confident knowing their family, home, cars and other property are protected. We value a culture where integrity, teamwork, passion, service, leadership and accountability are at the heart of every decision we make and every action we take. We’re proud of our more than 75-year commitment to protecting the livelihoods and futures of our client/members and creating an atmosphere where our employees thrive.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee key infrastructure components and services, including web application platforms (JBoss, IIS, WebSphere), data integration tools (Informatica, BizTalk), reporting platforms (SSRS, SharePoint, PowerBI) and automation platforms (Jenkins, Subversion, Ansible). Emphasis will be with administration of Informatica. Experience with administration of any of the following Informatica tools will be a plus:
· Data Quality
· Enterprise Data Catalog
· Master Data Management/Customer 360
- Utilize scripting languages (Bash, PowerShell) to automate system administration tasks and artifact delivery.
- Responsible for platform lifecycle administration including installation, upgrades, patches and maintenance.
- Participate in the strategic planning, evaluation of our current products to look at opportunities for improving stability and performance.
- Set and monitor technical thresholds to ensure components operate to meet service objectives consistently.
- Plan and deliver solutions to fulfill complex technical business needs; take personal responsibility to resolve incidents; research root cause, identify and install corrections to prevent problem occurrence. Develop and manage plans to upgrade systems and maintain vendor support currency; apply corrective code patches; monitor and tune system components to meet performance, availability, security, continuity, retention, and related requirements.
- Maintain consistent, quality documentation to meet ongoing operations and business continuity requirements.
What it takes to join our team:
- Bachelor’s Degree in MIS or computer science related degree, or equivalent, plus 5 year’s relevant experience.
- Must have in-depth skills in administering Informatica and can support middleware technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required; must be comfortable partnering with operations and development teams
- Ability to conceptualize potential, new, or changed infrastructure solution designs to satisfy changing business requirements.
- Must have analytical and problem-solving skills, logical information organization skills.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Maintain knowledge and skills current in alignment with industry technology developments.
What We Offer You
When you’re on our team, you get more than a great paycheck and an opportunity to hone your technical chops. You’ll hear about career development and educational opportunities, an enhanced 401K with a match, low cost health, dental, and vision benefits, life and disability insurance options, and paid time off, including holidays and volunteer time. We also offer an onsite cafeteria and wellness/workout facilities. Farm Bureau….where the grass really IS greener!