Infrastructure Manager - Middleware Admin
11 - 15 years experience • Consulting
Multiple Locations : Cary, NC
Candidate should be specialized in different integration architecture paradigm WebSphere Message Broker / Datapower / Websphere ESB/MQ.
• Candidate should be experienced with multiple middleware products of leading vendors, platforms, and styles of computing to design solutions that enable new and existing components, applications, packages, and systems to work together within an enterprise or among enterprises for one or multiple industry.
• Candidate should be client facing and able to lead and guide team on developing solutions that fully integrate and collaborate with existing IT systems to perform an automated business function.
• Installation and Configuration WebSphere MQ Administration (V7.x and above) on distributed platforms (AIX , Linux, and Windows)
• Identifying issues and in preparing Root Cause Analysis for Major incidents/problems.
• Setup security for WebSphere MQ queues and other objects for data access and for administration using role-based security
• Define and maintain middleware standards and governance including MQ and API administration and utilization.
• Backup and recovery, clustering, security, patch management, enterprise monitoring and performance tuning.
• Serve as technical resource to business analysts, solutions development and other groups responsible for application development standards, system design and integration.
• Ensure systems remain at operational excellence during infrastructure improvements (hardware/software upgrades, server migrations/consolidations, application deployment, etc).
• Expert in Shell Scripting, Perl, Python.
Manages researching, developing, innovating and delivering effective and consistent solutions to support the infrastructure systems ensuring the application of current and emerging technologies.
Day to Day responsibilities:
• Technical and people management of technology domain. Should have 80% technical and 20% people management skills;
• This person will be the SME (Subject Matter Expert) for the respective technical domain and staffing of resources in her/his domain;
• Responsible for preparing Task Sheets/Checklist, Induction Manual, Guidelines and Standards. Generate MIS (Performance , ticket analysis) reports on periodic basis;
• Responsible for evaluating existing Technical Architecture and Design and Proposing Improvements. Technical root cause analysis;
• Execution of identified skills gap for the team members. Focus on cross trainings of resources within domain;
• Lead customer / front office meetings for technical and SLA related discussions; Participate in MIRT and Outages as applicable;
• Complete ownership of SLAs for respective towers; Ownership of quality processes implementation, adherence and Audits for the domain;
• Succession planning, annual appraisals of team members;
• Support virtualized and Physical Systems Author IT policies, guidelines, standards and procedures for business continuity, disaster recovery, high availability, systems security and systems management in a multiple production data center environment;
• Disaster Recovery Officer to facilitate smooth operations and act as a point of contact and escalation in the event of an actual Disaster; Lead the development of audit and security programs to expose existing security stance and produce repeatable processes;
• Development of Network Install Manager configurations to support an enterprise concept of support;
• May Lead a Systems center of Excellence panel to support IT and Enterprise Goals and provide forward looking process and designs to enhance systems and IT performance as a whole and present recommendations back to Leadership;
• Architect and implementation of virtualization methodologies. Develop automation around these methodologies;
• Develop a Configuration Management Database to give access to configuration data; Smart Grid implementation, installation and administration on systems;
• Change Management utilizing BMC Remedy and Tivoli Service Desk. Maintained ITIL centric infrastructure to facilitate SAS70, SOX and FDA regulatory compliance;
• Perform Security assessments of systems and system hardening of internal and DMZ systems;
• Provide Architectural Design support to multiple clients projects and to international business pursuits; Provide international securityaudit and forensic response for clients;
• Lead a team of 5-15 Admin which are a mix of Employee and Contractor; Responsible to Architect projects when needed and for OS Architecture questions.
• Qualification: Engineering or equivalent degree; Relevant working experience of 10-12 years in Infrastructure Management
• Must have experience in Technology Solution Design