Magnitude Software, Inc. leads the way in delivering corporate performance insights through master data management (MDM), corporate performance management (CPM) and data connectivity in heterogeneous environments. The Company’s software and solutions drive real business results for hundreds of thousands of users around the globe. Magnitude’s family of award-winning solutions includes business intelligence, data warehousing, master data management, connectivity, analytics and reporting software.
An ideal candidate for this role is a 15 to 20-year IT professional well-versed in managing IT Infrastructure and data centers in a global, virtualized software development and SaaS environments. You will lead a globally distributed team of 4-6 Network Administrators, Systems Admins, and Dev Ops Admins to build Magnitude’s three global data centers in India, the United States, and the United Kingdom. The role serves as both team leader and engineer.
You will also focus on integrating Magnitude’s current and future business acquisitions into one infrastructure. This includes consolidating server resources in production and development environments, multiple Active Directory domains, multiple instances of development tools and environments, and a variety of other software engineering resources.
You will design and manage datacenter infrastructureprocesses & systems for service monitoring and escalation, backup & disaster recovery, capacity management, vulnerability detection & remediation, system management, and deployment automation. In addition to datacenter & network operations, you will also design and manage the Magnitude corporate service environment including user collaboration & communications systems, file storage and sharing, IT service desk management process, and other core ITIL-related functions.
This position requires proven global team leadership and employee development skills along with a technically creative mind committed to teamwork, efficiency, meeting deadlines, and budget management.
- Manages infrastructure team operations, with focus on networking, server management, virtualization, and security. Teaches best practices of architecture design, proof of concept, risk analysis, project planning, change control, and implementation.
- Ensures smooth and secure operations of all IT functions/equipment, problem resolution with vendors/equipment/programs, and tracks/reports resolution status.
- Leads acquisition integration projects: data center builds/merges and upgrades, AD domain consolidations, global network IP addressing and routing, business application integration, and merge software development tools.
- Monitor and manage corporate assets including: Dell and HP Servers, Cisco UCS, IBM AIX, HP Unix, Sparc, SAP, and AS400; Pure, HP, Netapp, and Tintri storage.
- Manage the global corporate network consisting of Palo Alto firewalls; Meraki, Cisco, and HP switches, Meraki Cloud Wi-Fi, and SilverPeak WAN accelerators.
- Design data center rack layouts taking into account power consumption, optimal cable lengths, and replacement schedules.
- Right-size and optimize a global VMware and Hyper-V development environment supporting over 2,500 VMs in multiple locations.
- Lead infrastructure integration projects resulting from new software development business acquisitions up to three times per year.
- Work directly with engineering to design and build their development requirements.
- Oversee the creation of various infrastructure documentation including: network and rack diagrams, virtual infrastructure, Dev Ops tools and usage, and disaster recovery procedures.
- Upgrade systems by conferring with staff, vendors, and services; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software
- Develop and update policies and procedures for all aspects related to the network and applications such as monitoring, job scheduling, electronic data exchange, storage and database management, security, disaster recovery, and GDPR
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex hardware, software and network technical problems; resolve escalations from junior staff
- Provide incident reporting and continuous improvement to achieve 100% uptime SLA
- Perform system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, networks and operating and system management systems; escalating application problems.
- Maintain effective relationship with Infrastructure vendors and business partners
- Office 365 Integration and Administration
- VMWare VM management automation and Software Defined Networking
- VRealize Automation Suite for self-service control
- Virtualization: VMware, Hyper-V, UNIX Virtual
- NAS/SAN configuration (Pure Storage, Tintri, HP, and Netapp)
- Windows/Linux/Unix/MacOS troubleshooting
- Legacy Unix virtualization (Solaris Sparc, AiX, HP UX)
- Experience with Perforce/SVN/GitHub
- Scripting, such as PowerShell, VMWare PowerCLI, Bash, Python, Perl
- Familiar in various platform in both GUI and CLI. (Windows/Linux/Unix/Mac)
- Forest domain infrastructure: AD, GPO, DHCP, DNS, Trust-relationship, Security schema, Delegation rule, FSMO roles
- Networking: Firewall, DMZ, SAN, NFS, CIFS, NIS, Switch, routing, OSPF
- Database: MSSQL, PostgreSQL
- Atlassian product such as: JIRA, Confluence, Fisheye Crucible, Bamboo
Nice to Have:
- Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCTS, CCNA, CCNP, preferred but not required
- VMware certifications such as: VCA, VCP-DV, VCP-NV, VCAP, or VCDX
- VRealize Automation Suite for self-service control
- Experience with Turbonomic (VMTurbo) software
- AWS experience would be a big bonus.
- Cloud AWS, Azure, vCD
- Configuration-As-Code (Chef, Puppet, etc) experience is huge bonus.
- Docker configurations, troubleshooting and automation
- General network configuration proficiency
- General Software management (e.g. Bamboo, Docker, etc)