Client – Leader and innovator in their industry continues to show rapid growth. Fantastic offices and work environment, supportive of your life and your efforts. True team environment. Visible position. eCommerce company, thriving and growing, seeks to add an Infrastructure Manager to their team –
Responsible for current and future state of their Networking, Systems and Virtualization efforts. Managing a staff of direct reports – Rapid upward potential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Oversees the daily operations of infrastructure and operations staff
- Responsible for all aspects of an organization's network systems and server infrastructure including software, hardware, virtualization, and security components
- Responsible for the daily performance and availability of the organization's network, virtual, physical, and cloud infrastructure
- Recommends, implements, and maintains network architectures (LAN and WAN), server and virtualization strategy
- Assesses organization's current and future network needs
- Manage vendor relationships, contracts, service agreements and invoices
- Manage organization's database infrastructure needs and develops a long-term strategy for data storage, computing, and networking.
- Establishes policies and procedures related to data security and integrity
- Responsible for developing and managing information systems security, including disaster recovery and database protection
KEY TECHNOLOGY PROFICIENCIES AND EXPERIENCES
- Multiple years of Incident Management, Change Management, and Problem Management.
- Demonstrated experience managing Data Center Operations engineering team
Solid understanding of:
- Server, Storage, network, and database technologies, including VMware ESXi, Microsoft Windows Server, SQL Server, Cisco networking.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms will be a significant advantage
- Experience with storage technology including SDWAN.
- ITIL Foundations certification highly desirable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- 4-year College or university with a BA/BS in computer science or information systems required. Will consider the equivalent combination of job experience & education that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the job
- Minimum 4 years of experience managing technical staff responsible for IT support and operations.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
- Detail oriented with strong organization skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Energetic, self-motivated and highly professional demeanor
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments at any given time while maintaining commitment to deadlines
- Strong analytical and quantitative abilities