Become a personal contributor in our mission to connect the world. Infrastructure engineers innovate in an environment that encourages collaboration while challenging the status quo. Join the industry leader in satellite communication and technology and take control of your professional pathway.
Our culture empowers us to do the right thing and explore technology that will benefit people across the globe. It is uniquely Viasat and, intentionally, not like any other company.
- Residential broadband service – over 700K customers and growing
- Viasat Satellite technology holds the Guinness World Record for highest capacity communication satellite
- Our in-flight Wi-Fi connectivity is presently streaming Amazon Prime and Netflix on providers like JetBlue and United Airlines
- Secure communication services - trusted encryption and networking solutions (government, military, critical infrastructure & utilities)
- Bachelors of Science degree focus in Computer Science/Information Technology or 4+ years of applicable experience and deploying enterprise networks including VPNs, application servers, firewalls and databases
- 3+ years or applicable experience.
- Expertise in IT Network Infrastructure, SatCom Network and Cybersecurity for locking down Windows and/or Linux environments
- Expertise in VMware or similar virtualization technology; Windows Domain Controllers and Group Policy development
- Experience with system requirements, architecture, design, interface development, and test approach in IP network environments
- Proficiency in the troubleshooting and tuning of the component hardware, software, networking, and communications protocol problems
- Experience using DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), Security Requirements Guide (SRGs) and industry standard best practices to securely configure network and infrastructure systems
- Ability to remediate security vulnerabilities by implementing solutions on network devices and applications
- Ability to author and maintain technical design documents
- Be able to utilize Agile and collaboration tools such as JIRA
- Ability to obtain and maintain and active SECRET or above clearance
- This is a government position and will require US Citizenship
- Up to 10% travel
- Experience with hyper converged infrastructure platforms
- Experience security hardening and auditing platforms that include Cisco iOS, Linux, Windows, VMWare, and a variety of applications
- Admin/operator experience using vulnerability testing/scanning tools (ACAS / Tenable Nessus, or equivalent) and identifying vulnerabilities in security systems
- Experience with Certification and Accreditation of Information Systems or standards-based compliance such as RMF, HIPAA, SOX, and PCI
- Experience with offensive security concepts to include Ethical hacking utilizing KALI and other common security tools such as NMAP and Metasploit Framework
- Working knowledge of Linux, Windows, Juniper JUNOS, and Cisco iOS
- Industry certifications to include Security+/Network+, CISSP, MCSA, CCNA, etc.
- Working knowledge of scripting/programming languages (Powershell, Python, BASH)
- Working knowledge of database programming languages (SQL)
- Familiarity with SATCOM equipment and operations (modems, ground stations, etc.)
- Experience with scripting such as Python, Ruby, etc.
- Understanding internetworking and network protocols with a preference for routing protocols like BGP, OSPF, HSRP, VRRP in addition to switching protocols such as 802.1D, 802.1Q, 802.1ad, QinQ, STP, and MSTP
- Expertise in protocol standards such as IPv4, IPv6, 802.11b/g, GRE, ARP, and IPSEC
- Knowledge of network traffic analysis methods using network monitoring protocols and tools such as SNMP, RMON, Wireshark, TCPdump, windump, Cacti, Nfdump, and Nfsen
- Experience with Active Directory-based organizational networks, including LDAP and Kerberos
- Practical experience in deployment and management of applied IT security technologies and tools such as AAA two-factor authentication, enterprise PKI, email encryption, network access control, intrusion detection/prevention systems, centralized endpoint protection, etc.
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructure Engineering
- Capable of designing cloud-centric solutions and deploying systems into the various Cloud providers
- Having multiple cloud provider background is a plus (i.e. AWS, Google, Azure, etc.)
- Engineer solutions that allow for scalability and performance