Infrastructure Engineer to oversee our Production, Sub-Production and Corporate infrastructure. As a senior member of our engineering team, you will become a technical expert and continuously improve our culture and tools.
In this role, you’ll play a key role in shaping the technical future of the Oildex Platform by:
- Ensure proper monitoring, alerting, capacity planning and reporting in the production, sub-production and corporate environments
- Develop processes, tools, and documentation in support of production operations
- Evaluate new software, hardware and infrastructure solutions
- Acts as escalation point as needed
- Able to participate in on-call rotation
- Cross-train and mentor peers to improve their ability to support the environment
- Provides complex analysis and resolution skills as required to address technology requirements.
- Deploys and upgrades hardware and software
- Assists in ensuring that enterprise-wide standards are met
- Takes an active leadership role in technology deployments and changes
- Acts as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for stakeholders and team me
- Keeps abreast of new technology products, services, and software
Skills & Experience
Our confidence in your ability stems from your knowledge and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university, technical program or equivalent relevant experience
- Minimum 5 years of combined professional experience with Unix/Linux (minimum 3 years of Linux experience). RedHat/CentOS preferred
- Experience managing production infrastructure
- Experience with scriptinglanguages for systems automation. Experience in Chef or Puppet is highly preferred
- Comfortable with and highly productive with command line interfaces (bash shell)
- Working knowledge of TCP/IPNetworking, VLANs, Load Balancers, and Firewalls
- Working knowledge of virtualization and enterprise storage systems
- Experience working with system and network monitoring tools: Nagios and Cacti
- Experience with software development life-cycles using source code control tools like Git or subversion is highly desirable
- Must be dependable with a great work ethic, demonstrated initiative, ownership of issues, and exceptional attitude
- Highly flexible, adaptable, and able to deal with a rapidly growing company atmosphere
- Explains and discusses detailed information to gain and secure understanding
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective working on multiple assignments simultaneously
- Must have excellent communication, organization, and teamwork skills
Oildex is transforming the way oil and gas companies manage their financial operations. Over 250 operators, 61,000 suppliers, dozens of financial institutions and millions of mineral rights owners in North America use the Oildex Network to seamlessly and securely collaborate across their financial supply chains, automate key business processes, eliminate the high cost and errors of paper, and obtain access to key data to make more informed business decisions.
- The Company is headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with major offices in Calgary, Alberta, Houston, Texas, and Austin, Texas. This position can be located in our Austin, Calgary or Denver office.
- We offer a positive, casual & flexible work environment.
- Oildex is committed to provide equal treatment and equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Oildex is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, and gender identity, status as a veteran, basis disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.